LC springs,what shocks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LC springs,what shocks???

Getting stuff sorted out for the LC spring set up.

I've decided to get ES9000's. But do i get +3" or can i push and get +4" since i've removed my anti Roll brackets?????

Does anyone know the serial or part number for the above shocks as i've heard there's some confusion to what you order and what you get

Cheers
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Originally posted by smithsurf
    Getting stuff sorted out for the LC spring set up.

I've decided to get ES9000's. But do i get +3" or can i push and get +4" since i've removed my anti Roll brackets?????

Does anyone know the serial or part number for the above shocks as i've heard there's some confusion to what you order and what you get

Cheers

I would have thought +3" will suffice, you don't want the springs falling out on full droop with even longer shocks!

Comment

yea like bushy said im using +3" and they are fine.i think travel is limited by the fuel tank and brake lines anyway.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

+3" it is then. Where's the best bet for gettin hold of some????

Geard to Go??
        Pro Comp???
        Tony???

Anyone know the part number????

Comment

+3" it is then. Where's the best bet for gettin hold of some????

Geard to Go??
          Pro Comp???
          Tony???

Anyone know the part number????
          as tony is on holiday,i would say explorer uk
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
            as tony is on holiday,i would say explorer uk

Whats that a link too?? cant see the shocks!!
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

plus 4 works a treat, go for the full droop!! no chance at all of the springs coming out. i have mine maxed out quite often. looking at +6's next time im in the states with rose jointed trailing arms..
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

be interested to see what you go for smithy,

as you know i am still on +2", do you have extended brake hoses?

i am going to remove my ARB's after seeing yours in action, i think it is well worth it.

as andrew said, and the mechanic that fitted my spring said, they went in but they are never coming out.

cheers scotty

Comment

I found Stuart at 'geared to go' to be very helpful and best price when I bought my 'kit' from him . Mention the Forum to get a discount .
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Have a look at the Project Super Surf thread - I've recently ordered +3s from ProComp - If you can't find the thread I'll have a look for the part numbers and post it on here

I think this is the part number for the +3" shocks

2 x 926510 shocks
                    Last edited by MudSurfer; 5 May 2007, 01:09. Reason: Found the number
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                      be interested to see what you go for smithy,

as you know i am still on +2", do you have extended brake hoses?

i am going to remove my ARB's after seeing yours in action, i think it is well worth it.

as andrew said, and the mechanic that fitted my spring said, they went in but they are never coming out.

cheers scotty
                      Not got extended brake hoses Where can you get those? My lists gettin longer.

Get those bars of Scotty it'll make all the difference. That mean we'll all have to go back to Drumclog to test them out?????????

Comment

you dont need extended brake lines, theres one that feeds down to the rear axle and then feeds both rears. lust have a look underneath and all is clear mate. this is what you can get with +4 and no arb

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Not got extended brake hoses Where can you get those? My lists gettin longer.

Get those bars of Scotty it'll make all the difference. That mean we'll all have to go back to Drumclog to test them out?????????
                          roughtrax do a set of three s/steel braided brake lines one for the rear and one for each side at the front.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

stien, with an extension on the axle of about 10mm then the shocks bottom out before the rear brake line
                            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                              you dont need extended brake lines, theres one that feeds down to the rear axle and then feeds both rears. lust have a look underneath and all is clear mate. this is what you can get with +4 and no arb

that does look good.

i'm tempted to go to +4" when i remove my arb's, and you say that you havent touched the break lines?

smithy let me know if you get prices, and before you order.

might see if we can get a discount for 2 sets of shocks and brake lines.

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                              X