Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at work i use a four post ramp .
    a . its there
    b . it helps my back ( no bending down ).
    c . i like it
    plus i never saw a car fall of a 4 post but have seen 3 fall of a two post )
    anyway my ramp has no toe gaurds but stop short of the floor and then has a buzzer on the last 5 " ie european spec.
    last year hse came and told me it needed toe gaurds fitting , so i told him it is eu spec and he told me we are not europe ???
    i told him you shoul talk to tony b about that .
    ended up welding some 10mill round on as toe gaurd but as small as i could and he was happy and took the big do not use sticker off.

and this year a differant hse bloke so i hade a chat and told that standing further away from the job was bad for my back and he said ,,,,it dont need toe gaurds ( reuslt ) BUT i can not remove a safty device from it even if it is one that i fitted so in short f@ck them and i got the grinder out and my back feels better..

john
    Last edited by johnd; 4 May 2007, 23:12.
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

I used to work as a design engineer at a machine tool manufacturer. A local HSE inspector tried to tell us that we couldn't work on the machines with the cabinet doors open because of the veeeerrrry dangerous 3 phase electrickery. When we pointed out it was impossible to commission them with the doors closed she then insisted we wear insulated gloves Needless to say we ignored her.

The best bit was that she completely missed the spray shop with cans of paint and thinners scattered around the place.
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I had the ol bill in a few months ago looking for buildings we were going to demolish so they could practice breaking windows, by all accounts that requires training. Better still he wanted them in "quiet" locations so that the general public did not get to see their techniques and tactics........for breaking windows!
        Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Well I've made my self unemployed yet again as I have had enough of the BS in my job as an Insurance Asessor . The core of the job was to acess the damage of vehicles and calculate the best method of repair at the correct price if vehicle repairable . In the last few years it has been harder and harder to do the actual job as the extra BS we have to do not related to the work . I could type out all the letters they used but I can not remmeber them all .
          So now looking for a new start in something completly different away from all the BS .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            In the last few years it has been harder and harder to do the actual job as the extra BS we have to do not related to the work . .
            Oh dont...

I could cry sometimes due to the amount of sh1te I have to go through to just DO MY JOB. I had reason to moan today and emailed my Group Leader to ask if she had any more hoops I could have to jump through because I was getting through so many... F***in p*sses me off!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
            X