X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really LOVE it when...

An antidote to the 'hate it' thread

1) Sunny days with blue skies
    2) Those unplanned visits to the pub on a sunny day that turn into really great social occasions
    3) Driving the truck on quiet roads on sunny days
    4) Proper one on one time with my 12 year old lad
    5) Those rare one on one moments when my 7 year old stepdaughter seems grown up and intelligent
    6) The silence of a sunny bathroom
    7) That indefinable smell of Spring / Summer
    8) Getting a job done well
    9) A successful landing after the first flight of a model plane that I've designed
    10) Happy memories
    11) Being in the sea with waves slamming into me (on a sunny warm day again!)
    12) Big footy occasions
    13) Coming up with a really fab recipe for fishcakes
    14) REAL barbecues which stretch out all afternoon and into the evening with lots of mates (that's the whole POINT, copycat - if you want speed, use a microwave! )
    15) F1 Sundays followed by a few beers at the local in the sunshine
    16) Vicki's absolutely awesome Sunday roasts in the winter, followed by sitting by the fire in the local slowly nodding off over a few beers.
    17) My full english breakfasts
    18) Having travelled and seen a lot of places / people (dont wanna do it any more though)

Probably more to come...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

For me its that one cast of a difficult day that puts a fly over a rising fish perfectly.

Paul

Comment

Six, seven, eight and the first half of fifteen I agree.

Soddin' well hate the rest though.

Comment

I really love it when a plan comes together.
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

2) Those unplanned visits to the pub on a sunny day that turn into really great social occasions
          5) Those rare one on one moments when my 7 year old stepdaughter seems grown up and intelligent
          9) A successful landing after the first flight of a model plane that I've designed
          10) Happy memories
          12) Big footy occasions
          14) REAL barbecues which stretch out all afternoon and into the evening with lots of mates (that's the whole POINT, copycat - if you want speed, use a microwave! )
          16) Vicki's absolutely awesome Sunday roasts in the winter, followed by sitting by the fire in the local slowly nodding off over a few beers.
          18) Having travelled and seen a lot of places / people (dont wanna do it any more though)

Probably more to come...

ahem!

19) LIVERPOOL beating chelsea in a champions league semi-final then doing milan in the final! (X2)
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I really love it when

All my sons have left home but still need me...........
            Lambing has finally finished...............
            I look out into the yard and see my Surf................

.............................. ..
            Jacqueline

Comment

Awww, come on Andy, give a guy with a small garden a break! I would love a barbie like yours, I really would, it's just not practicle for me. I have used the throwaway charcoal ones and had the reusable ones and yes, the food has that real barbie taste but on recommendation from friends I thought I'd give the gas one a go. Tell you what mate if I don't like it first time I use it I'll sell it and buy a 'Mr. Smokey' one!

Anyhoo with a gas one you turn it on and it's ready. With charcoal it takes an hour to heat up and then it rains!

All taken in good fun anyway mate.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat

I know, I'm only kidding!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yeah, but just remember, Andy may have a stonking barbeque, but he cooks gay food.

Comment

01. When I'm on a 3 day weekend
                    02. I land safely after returning from my hols.
                    03. M.O.T. passes
                    04. Hob Nobs
                    05. Sitting in my Surf, at the coast, listening to music, and watching the world go by.
                    06. Good friends.
                    07. Buying unnessecary luxury items.
                    08. Summer and the light nights.
                    09. Soft toilet paper (not that horrible Izal stuff! Do they still make that?)
                    10. Wine, women and song!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

09. Soft toilet paper (not that horrible Izal stuff! Do they still make that?)
                      Hell yes. Brings back fond? memories though.

Comment

Wzki N guns and some good company = a great day out on the cuds and the weather dont matter.

Comment

Touring EUland on the bike with swally pals, 7 countries in one day and still time to party.

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                            All my sons have left home but still need me...........
                            Lambing has finally finished...............
                            I look out into the yard and see my Surf................

.............................. ..
                            Jacqueline
                            Hi Jax,

You ain't been on for a whlie - truck going OK then!?!?!?

Lambing starts in January down here - they're that big now they look like last springs lot.

Anyway - keep on surfing dudes
                            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

10) Happy memories
                              12) Big footy occasions

Probably more to come...
                              I cant agree more with 1,3,5,6,7,8,10 first bit of 15 (dont seem to get to the pub these days) 16, as cooked by Meme (the wife) 17 (but they have to be full scottish breakfasts (including the fried Haggis)

Changing the antifreeze on the surf and the heaters working FIRST TIME!
                              Union meetings for the early finishes
                              Feeling Meme's "bump" kick (just over 2 months to go now)
                              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                              X