Overheating problems. 94 3.0ltr turbo diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating problems. 94 3.0ltr turbo diesel

Has anyone added an additional transmission oil cooler to their Surf due to overheating problems when engine is under strain, up hills, etc? If so, has it cured the problem? If it has, what type is it, where can I get one, and how much does it cost? Have you installed it yourself, or is there another solution? Have lowered myself into buying a caravan, but dont want to trade in the surf if it cant do the job. Work your magic, HELP!!!!!!

A few people on here have fitted extra coolers.

Here's a write-up.....

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/oilcooler.htm

Comment

I got Tony to fit an AT cooler before I went to France in 95 as a precaution cos I was towing a caravan and I was fully loaded too. We did have overheating issues BUT that was quite possibly due to the radiator containing about half an acre of Salisbury Plain .....

We've had no problems since I gave the rad a serious seeing to - and to be honest I suspect that the AT cooler was unnecessary

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

oil cooler it is then

Im pretty confident in the choice to use an additional oil cooler for the transmission. It just makes sense!! COOLER OIL, NO PROBS!!! Im going to make some more enquiries into the type to use. Many thanks guys!!!!!!

Comment

use one that's like a small radiator with 2 pipes that fixes in front of the engine.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by RAB
            Im pretty confident in the choice to use an additional oil cooler for the transmission. It just makes sense!! COOLER OIL, NO PROBS!!!
            Not necessarily. Oil at it's optimal temperature makes sense. Cool oil makes nothing other than worse MPG and accelerated wear.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              Not necessarily. Oil at it's optimal temperature makes sense. Cool oil makes nothing other than worse MPG and accelerated wear.
              it won't fry chips either!!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                it won't fry chips either!!

Comment

Ooh look, four Matts together, kinda like a carpet!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Ooh look, four Matts together, kinda like a carpet!
                    Or a hall runner.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      Or a hall runner.
                      lay 'em right the first time, you can walk all over them for years!!

Comment

Working...
                      X