@ Surfenstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Surfenstein

Mark, I'm building up a flash mountain bike and have just bought a rear shock for it. The frame I've got has a pretty wide shock mount on the swing arm, which I haven't been able to get a direct fit shock for. The mounting bush on the shock is 23mm wide, but the frame end is 60mm wide so I need to get my hands on a longer bush for it. I figured it's the kind of thing you knock out in 2 minutes with your eyes shut. What do you reckon? See pics below.

The bushes press in to a phosphor bronze (I think) bush in the shock as above. (They aren't pressed fully in here)

These are the original bushes in aluminium.

This shows the bronze bush in the shock body.

As I say, the current measurement across the bushes when fitted and pressed home is 23mm, and across the shock itself is 14mm. I reckon the bit of the bush that *isn't* pressed into the shock needs to be 23mm (23mm +23mm +14mm = 60mm) and the bits that go into the bronze bush 7mm each. The hole in the shock is 12mm clearance, the hole in the bush is 8mm clearance. The overall diameter of the bush is 16mm, but if I use a longer bush, maybe a bit bigger would be better? Different material maybe? Stainless? I just dont know, so your advice would be welcome.

So, do you reckon you could do this easy enough? If so, how much?

Cheers matey!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

um yea should be a DODDLE even with my eyes open.is stainless ok.ill just check over the measurements again and see if i can do something before next wkend and bring it to the rtths is that alright fella.so you want something that looks like the bushes you have just with a longer shoulder?
    Last edited by surfenstein; 2 May 2007, 19:41.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yep, longer shoulders - thats what I was trying to say

RTTS would be brilliant. I've still got to strip and respray the frame. Will stainless be OK in a phosphor bronze bush?

How about I post one of the original bushes with the new stickers tomorrow?
      Last edited by Apache; 2 May 2007, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Yep, longer shoulders - thats what I was trying to say

RTTS would be brilliant. I've still got to strip and respray the frame. Will stainless be OK in a phosphor bronze bush?

How about I post one of the original bushes with the new stickers tomorrow?
        yea good idea. i just need to take measurements from them, and hey presto.stainless should be fine.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

It's in the bag! Dont chuck it away - remember it's in there, it's only lickle

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            It's in the bag! Dont chuck it away - remember it's in there, it's only lickle
            right got it throw the bag away but lick it first.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
            X