Fingers crossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingers crossed

Been out & about today sorting a couple of things out. I was just pulling up outside the house when i could hear bubbling. Switched the engine off & it slowly died down. Temp gauge was normal.
    Looking at the front i could see water dripping down & a puddle under the right side. Popped the bonnet & found it had come from the radiator overflow. Let the engine cool down before i checked the bottle. Looked full. So checked the rad cap and it took about a litre of water.

Can anyone tell me if the temp gauge is pron to problems?

I would have thought that if the engine was overheating, the gauge would have gone up.
    I hope that it hasnt overheated as it just been through a full rebuild.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin
    Which Wychwood would you choose?

Originally posted by hobgoblin
    Been out & about today sorting a couple of things out. I was just pulling up outside the house when i could hear bubbling. Switched the engine off & it slowly died down. Temp gauge was normal.
    Looking at the front i could see water dripping down & a puddle under the right side. Popped the bonnet & found it had come from the radiator overflow. Let the engine cool down before i checked the bottle. Looked full. So checked the rad cap and it took about a litre of water.

I would have thought that if the engine was overheating, the gauge would have gone up.

Che
    Martin
    propably just an airlock,burp the system
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hobgoblin

Cheers,

Martin
      Have you done anything to the system latley? if so do what mark says first
      Then if problem persists
      New rad cap and thermostat.... then get the coolant checked for combustion gasses , for peice of mind .
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Cheers lads,

Have no idea if the garage burped the system or not. I did have the heater on this morning and I wonder if that an Air lock in it. Would explain why it took the water. Will get it checked out asap.

Thanks very much.
        Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

Get a new rad cap on there regardless.

Comment

Working...
          X