Got my TRUCK!...help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my TRUCK!...help?

I got a truck! I didn't buy the one I travelled over 300 miles for, as it wasn't exactly as advertised. Not a good dealer! It took a lot to turn down though, considering I didn't have a way to get home! Anyhow, I got one today. Few questions though!

I got an SSR-G -what level is that in 'spec land'? Good one?
    I know that FAQ's etc on the site tell about this stuff, but I'm wondering if someone could just spell it out for me about overdrive, ECT(?) hard suspension etc. For example, I think that overdrive off is better economy but doesn't allow top gear -that right? So if I want best economy, and am on general city and motorway driving, I should keep overdrive off? Also, I like the feel of the hard suspension during general driving...does that use up fuel? Thanks for any help. If anyone can give me 'setup profiles' for different driving conditions, it would help me get a cheaper run out of the car. Will post pics soon to show off my baby!

Originally posted by veccy
    I got a truck! I didn't buy the one I travelled over 300 miles for, as it wasn't exactly as advertised. Not a good dealer! It took a lot to turn down though, considering I didn't have a way to get home! Anyhow, I got one today. Few questions though!

I got an SSR-G -what level is that in 'spec land'? Good one?
    I know that FAQ's etc on the site tell about this stuff, but I'm wondering if someone could just spell it out for me about overdrive, ECT(?) hard suspension etc. For example, I think that overdrive off is better economy but doesn't allow top gear -that right? So if I want best economy, and am on general city and motorway driving, I should keep overdrive off? Also, I like the feel of the hard suspension during general driving...does that use up fuel? Thanks for any help. If anyone can give me 'setup profiles' for different driving conditions, it would help me get a cheaper run out of the car. Will post pics soon to show off my baby!
    Overdrive on, ECT off gives best economy. Suspension setting doesn't make any difference so just use what you prefer. Pics on the way?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by veccy
      I got an SSR-G -what level is that in 'spec land'?
      SSG-G highest spec! Hope you enjoy it.

Dave

Comment

We need pics and the full details of the beast - ie 2.4 or 3.0 litre, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gen and COLOUR

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I think the spec debate will continue i alwast thought ssg-X ltd was top spec!! but i could be wrong

overdrive should be on. etc is a bit like a sport setting it holds the gears longer.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
            I think the spec debate will continue i alwast thought ssg-X ltd was top spec!! but i could be wrong

overdrive should be on. etc is a bit like a sport setting it holds the gears longer.
            As much as I hate to say it (I have a SSR-X LTD) the SSR-G is the top spec, however in the real world the specs mean zip !!!

Once the Japs decided they wanted the truck they went through the option book like we hit a Chinese menu !!!

Comment

SSR-G is top spec I believe, so whar is SSR-V?

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler

From the top model down:
                SSR-G
                SSR-X
                SSR-V
                SSR Ltd.
                SSR

Comment

So what is SSR-X Ltd?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    So what is SSR-X Ltd?

Friday afternoon model!

Comment

on the back of mine it says sr-x i think an s must have fallen off!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Friday afternoon model!

Comment

ssr-x you get black and grey seats, in the ssr-g you get the recaros, all else you get grey seats. is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
                            SSG-G highest spec! Hope you enjoy it.

Dave
                            highest? Well, for what that's worth, I will enjoy it!

I need to chuck a stereo in there, and I guess a cubby hole as it's a two din hole. Can you get cubby holes for the surf in s$$$$ yards etc? Couple of marks on the driver seat, and steering wheel needs new cover, but apart from that the car seems good for age -runs very well so far. I never understood the 'grin factor' I heard relating to surfs on the forum...until today!

Comment

Thanks guys, for your advice.

I thought 'overdrive' sounded like something that would consume more fuel, so I wouldn't turn it on. Glad I asked! Think i'll whack that hard suspension button, too!

For those that want to know, it's a K reg (93, 2nd gen) 2.4td (economy in mind over 3ltr -got all the pull I want though!), automatic, metallic blue, SSR-G. It's had the windows tinted too which I really like, and has the recarro (that how you spell it) seats. I'M LIKING IT. I'll get CD player in to patch up interior and take some pics -you can give me a verdict!

Comment

Working...
                              X