X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a bit of help needed

hi all got some roof lights from direct 4x4
    http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/index.php...allery_id=4269

started the wire up but i need a good ingition live , i just test fitted the loom and put the live to the blue ( red trace ) out of the ignition and it work but the wire was getting a bit warm .
    the second option i think is the black ( yellow trace ).
    just wanted to see if anyone has fitted them and if so what is the best switched live.
    i dont want it running perminant live.
    any help lads ?
    john....
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Why dont you take feed from the battery using illuminated switch & relay.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

hi marky all the wire relays are in the loom but i wanted a switched live but the one i had it on heated up after about 20 secs.
      but i think you may be right as all that wire looks old and i dont want a fire...
      john

Comment

Ive got the exact same lights mate, Going to fitting them sundayish! Dannos gunna have a look at the electrics with me. I'll let you know how it all pans out!

Is there a reason for not wanting them perm live?

Comment

I was looking at these recently and was wondering what kind of quality they are. Are they any good or nasty plasty junk. Wouldn't mind a set if they're any good and paint them same as truck. Give us your opinions....
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

yep, need a pic of them fitted! its my birthday soon, so might just splurge on a set of these
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
              yep, need a pic of them fitted! its my birthday soon, so might just splurge on a set of these
              They look nice painted and fitted i was just wondring about qualt...

Comment

good god thats clean and shiney!! cheers mate
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                  I was looking at these recently and was wondering what kind of quality they are. Are they any good or nasty plasty junk. Wouldn't mind a set if they're any good and paint them same as truck. Give us your opinions....
                  Well i wouldnt write a note to my family indicating the high quality of them! But in the same its more then enough! feels pretty steady!

Just absolutly pathetic fixing!! just some tape! So just be aware of that if you order them!

Comment

Would it be possible to screw them inside the pod somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                      Would it be possible to screw them inside the pod somewhere?
                      no not inside the pod as the little lip is on the front of the pod, Im sure there would be a way to get it looking tidy!! Could always fix it with some "sticks like $hit"

Comment

hi rod i am fitting mine today and will run a live from the battery .
                        you are right about the tape so i am going to stick a load of tiger seal on it but remember to leave some gaps in it for the rain to get out .
                        i will see how it is and may put a few rivetts in as well.
                        i may also change the switch as the one with it is a bit gay.
                        #john.
                        #ps did you get the paint i sent you.

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
                          hi rod i am fitting mine today and will run a live from the battery .
                          you are right about the tape so i am going to stick a load of tiger seal on it but remember to leave some gaps in it for the rain to get out .
                          i will see how it is and may put a few rivetts in as well.
                          i may also change the switch as the one with it is a bit gay.
                          #john.
                          #ps did you get the paint i sent you.
                          Yeah your not wrong about the switch mate! It is a tad $hite!!

what is tiger seal and would it do the job well??

AND....yes i did get the paint mate! thanks!! Sending you a thank you email is on my "to do" list! Was well happy with it

Comment

right roof pod on and working but still got some hot wires ( live in and all relay wires ) .
                            i run a feed in from the battery and that is cold but after the bullit conector it is hot up to the relays this cant be right?? , the live wire is soft and flexie when the lamps are on .
                            rod why do you think they put a red and green LED on the switch and not just two green ?
                            anyway all help on the hot wires would be of help as a dash fire is not an option..
                            john....

ps will post pics as soon as photobucket lets me in

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
                              right roof pod on and working but still got some hot wires ( live in and all relay wires ) .
                              i run a feed in from the battery and that is cold but after the bullit conector it is hot up to the relays this cant be right?? , the live wire is soft and flexie when the lamps are on .
                              rod why do you think they put a red and green LED on the switch and not just two green ?
                              anyway all help on the hot wires would be of help as a dash fire is not an option..
                              john....

ps will post pics as soon as photobucket lets me in

I dont know why they have two different coloured LEDs mate, now you mention it, it does seem a tad bizzare!!

how did you go about fixing it? I wouldve put mine on today but i got a cough an a cold an i couldn't be bothered!!

Did you use more then just the tape? I dont want mine flying off the roof when i get to 70 odd mph

Comment

Working...
                              X