I need your help AGAIN!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help AGAIN!!!

Well today i went out with sv1000spilot to check out some greenlanes (which were rubish) and to have a look at the pay and play offroading site near pillaton. Which is fantastic!!!! the only trouble is that whilst on ur way there after being out for about 2 hours i noticed a horrable intermitent grinding noise from under the truck. kevin thought it was the uj gone. i could turn the rear prop shaft about an inch round. left it for a while whislt we looked at the site. Then came the dredded drive home the ginding got worse and more constant. after taking it very easy for about 3 miles it seemed to stop. got home ok had an other look under the truck tryed to turn the rear prop and it would not move. The front one turns freely. I dont know anything about this how it works or nothin! tryed a search and it might as well of been written in another language!!!

What do you guys think it is and how can i fix it? Will it cost me loads cos as allways am pretty skint.

And to top it all i also noticed a fuel leak too!!! why can things just be simple!!!

any help would be great.
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

if its the rear uj you need to check for play in the joint itself mate, you will feel slop between the joint. hold both sides of the joint and twist if it moves then you need a new one. will show as a lot of vibration on the drive train about 40 mph, but they are only a tenner from milners and less than an hour with a big hammer will sort it.

you probably got a rock in the brake disc and dust shield, happens all the time to me when in the mud.
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Prop shaft wont turn if handbrake on and in park

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
        Prop shaft wont turn if handbrake on and in park
        Well if he has left the truck in gear, and/or the handbrake is on then he is in next week's nominations, meanwhile you are nominated - his truck's a manual
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          if its the rear uj you need to check for play in the joint itself mate, you will feel slop between the joint. hold both sides of the joint and twist if it moves then you need a new one. will show as a lot of vibration on the drive train about 40 mph, but they are only a tenner from milners and less than an hour with a big hammer will sort it.

you probably got a rock in the brake disc and dust shield, happens all the time to me when in the mud.

That makes me feel better cos it did sound more like it could be a stone rather than the other noises described on here. Will get out and have another look under her tomorrow. Thanks for the feed back i do worry if it runs well for too long, i spose its just the 2.4 paranoia! as for the fuel leak i feel better equiped to get that sorted now i can get out of panic mode!!!!

Comment

I had something similar when leaving Avon Dassett a few weeks back - a grinding and thumping sound, that changed to a click and after a thump being heard from underneath - nothing!

Just gunk stuck somewhere that fell out.
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Sweet i hope that is all it is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                Well today i went out with sv1000spilot to check out some greenlanes (which were rubish) and to have a look at the pay and play offroading site near pillaton. Which is fantastic!!!!
                Was it any good cos I was thinkin about tryin it out for my first time...Is that the farm in Pillaton I gave sv1000spilot the number for?
                When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninja_king
                  Was it any good cos I was thinkin about tryin it out for my first time...Is that the farm in Pillaton I gave sv1000spilot the number for?

sounds like it. it has some easyer route and some very scary looking ones!! It looks like we can plan our own route through according to your experence. the bloke was good as gold took us round and said we can pretty much look after ourselves. there are some rules but sv1000spilot will sort them out when we organise a trip.

I for one cant wait to get out and have a go.

Are you still looking to go out to find some green lanes cos i think kevin is gonna go out over the weekend and i cant make it. send him a pm and ask.

Comment

Working...
                  X