Dad's Taxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad's Taxis

I'm being forced to take my boys to a gig in Bournemouth tonight - I'm not going to enjoy it at all ..............

Styx (Remember them ??)

Thin Lizzy (Without Lynott for some reason !)

Deep Purple - 'nuff said

It appears that time machine DO exist - Lookout 70's Bob's on his way back !!!!!

I'll lay odds my ears are still ringing on Monday ......

Dunno if I'll be allowed to have the Surf though - depends on what herself has planned for while we're out !

Life is too important to take seriously !

of course time machines exist,otherwise i wouldnt have the tardis.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob
      .....Thin Lizzy (Without Lynott for some reason !)....
      'coz his fondness for heroin caught up with him back in 1986

Phil Lynott R.I.P.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr

Phil Lynott R.I.P.
        Blimey was it that long ago. I went to see them a couple of times, I think the last one I went to was a 'farewell' tour. Snowy White played that night and also Gary Moore as far as I can remember it was a great night.

Comment

Originally posted by Morr

Phil Lynott R.I.P.
          Is he the one Buried near HOWTH nr Dublin?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Never got to see them play myself, I was a wee bit too young when they were in their heyday.

I had no idea where he was burried, but a quick check on wikipedia tells me its in Sutton, which is indeed near Howth.

That's it, "The boys are back in town" is whizzing round my head again, time to get the lizzy mp3's on the playlist again
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

You Buggas, now I feel ruddy ancient

Yes I remember Styx, have an unopened copy of the album 'Pieces of eight' and love 'Paradise theater' (their spelling)

Yes I saw Thin Lizzy at Brighton with Gary Moore, Scot Gorham and Phil Lynott

Whilst I haven't seen Deep Purple I have seen Rainbow, Gillan and Whitesnake

Now I have 'Out In The Fields' running through my mind
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Saw big country a few years ago surporting the best live act i ever saw ..............QUEEN
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                  You Buggas, now I feel ruddy ancient

Yes I remember Styx, have an unopened copy of the album 'Pieces of eight' and love 'Paradise theater' (their spelling)

Yes I saw Thin Lizzy at Brighton with Gary Moore, Scot Gorham and Phil Lynott

Whilst I haven't seen Deep Purple I have seen Rainbow, Gillan and Whitesnake

Now I have 'Out In The Fields' running through my mind

I've cleaned Ian Gillan's swimming pool!

Didn't meet him though.

Comment

Well first the bad news:

We were totally underwhelmed by Thin Lizzy - everything they played sounded the same (except for the lyrics) and they only seemed to play the run of the mill tracks - nothing that would have showed their talent which suggests that the real talent left along with Mssrs Lynott, White and Moore.

Styx were pretty good - and they were having a laugh too

Purple on the other hand were wonderful - Don Airey played the organ like a master, Steve Morse is no Ritchie Blackmore but he is a damned good guitarist, Paice was a solid workhorse and never put a stick wrong, Gillan's voice was amazing for a man of 61 - and he can still scream with the best of them but the man of the night was Roger Glover - I never appreciated just exactly how good that man is with a bass !

Overall it was 4 hours of music for £35 - a damned good deal these days. The only thing that marred the evening was the prices of the T shirts - there's no way that I was going to pay £54 for three T shirts ......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                    X