Calling all electrical masterminds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all electrical masterminds

Ive got a weee problem! My spotlight pod has arrived (GREAT ITEM!!) for those who are not in the know! Its just four spotlights!!

But the wiring harness thing for it is really confusing! Its got nothing obvious to connect too or anything!! Its just confusing!!!!

Has anyone got any advice/links to diagrams that i can follow?

Its one thing to fit them and have them look pretty, Its another to have them working!

You can get spotlight wiring kits fom Halfords.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 26 April 2007, 01:15.

Comment

What ya got? and how much information do ya need? Is there already a loom or part of a loom on them?
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        What ya got? and how much information do ya need? Is there already a loom or part of a loom on them?

Well its come with some wires n relays all set up but it just dnt look like it "fits" you know? Its 4x55w spotlights!

Its got two relays and two fuses, It has three bits that look like you put something in them and then 3 hoop things that look like you would screw on a battery terminal. I could try an bodge a ms paint diagram of it if that helps?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          I could try an bodge a ms paint diagram of it if that helps?
          might do, does it have high and low beam?

It should basically be 2 of what vince just posted, certainly from the relays to the lights, are these the type of things on it?
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

No, theres nothing like that on it. on the relay is written 12v/40a

this is the diagram

Comment

Look at the terminals on the relays, there should be numbers on them, they should be the same as in the diagram I posted.

Comment

Theres no numbers on them

It has YLE YL-388-s Automotive relay 12V/40A printed on both relays

Comment

Is it possible to just do a simple fused circuit? Like the ones i did as a kid in primary school trying to get a lightbulb to glow?

Comment

I'll do a diagram in the morning my brain ain't functioning right now. I just tried to draw a diagram on paint and realised i got it well wrong.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

I'll do a diagram in the morning my brain ain't functioning right now. I just tried to draw a diagram on paint and realised i got it well wrong.
                      I'd really appreciate that mate! Its not going to be fitted for a little bit yet! I want to get the whole lift an tyres an lights done for a massive single day transformation!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                        It has three bits that look like you put something in them
                        Have you got a picture of these bits? Do the relays have 4 or 5 pins? and are all the pins used on both of them?

If this helps vince's diagram make sense the pin layout on the relays should always be like this

on a 4 pin relay 87a is the one that isn't there, terminal 87 should always be at right angles to the rest anyway.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Have you got a picture of these bits? Do the relays have 4 or 5 pins? and are all the pins used on both of them?

If this helps vince's diagram make sense the pin layout on the relays should always be like this

on a 4 pin relay 87a is the one that isn't there, terminal 87 should always be at right angles to the rest anyway.

This is what the hoops look like

the red one comes from the fuse
                          one black one comes from one of the relays
                          one black one comes from the box where all the wires join for the on/off switchs

The lights look amazing on the truck!

Comment

Ok i'm guessing the red one comes from pin 30 on the relay, in which case it's the positive and needs to go to battery + , The black one should come from either pin 85/86 (can't remember which way round but should either not matter or only work one way round and is an earth. The other black one could be either an earth or the switch feed from the normal lighting circuit, do you know if they are supposed to be wired in to the lighting circuit so they can only be used with the headlights/sidelights on? I think they should be for an MOT.

If you connect the red one and the black one from the relay up, red to +12v and black to earth. Then connect the other one up to an easy to get to earth temporarily and if they work then it's an earth. I hate it when manufacturers try and oversimplify wiring on products, it confuses the hell out of me cos i'm trying to work out where something is that's not there.

Might be worth checking what i said with someone else first just incase i made a silly assumption.
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Lots of Relay and other info on this site.

http://www.bcae1.com/

Nev
                              Last edited by NiftyNev; 26 April 2007, 14:27.

Comment

Working...
                              X