@ VatchenSurf Steinburg & The Lovely Boyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ VatchenSurf Steinburg & The Lovely Boyo

Can you guys point me in the direction of somewhere I can buy pipes from that I can use to fit the intercooler I've bought. The bore sizes on the unit are both 45mm approx - so I assume I'm going to need something to make it all fit - any ideas????
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Will I do?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Auto-Perfor...Silicone-Hoses

Comment

and also (soory to hijack this thread....but i'm an expert at it) can peeps please stop changing their names...it gives me an almighty gublogenouesiouesiouious headache! sure i've made that point before but hey ho!

anyway...help this geezer with his damned pipes will ya!!!! jeeez!!!! takes forever to get any help on this tiny planet....
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Apologies Linkmeister General!

45 pages????

Are there pipes that can be one size at one end, and bigger at t'other?

(Doh! - Page 2)
        Last edited by MudSurfer; 26 April 2007, 00:18. Reason: I'm dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer

Are there pipes that can be one size at one end, and bigger at t'other?
          my pipes are like that !!!!!! whooohaaaayyy!!!

seriously, yeah they can be.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Can you let me know which ones I will need to connect the intercooler??

TIA

Comment

Can you let me know which ones I will need to connect the intercooler??

TIA
              From bottom left, going clockwise,

2x 50mm 90deg elbows, 1x 50mm 135 deg elbow, 1x 50mm elbow, 1x 63mm to 50mm reducing elbow

All connected with 50mm tube (sawn up exhaust pipe!). You will need to file grooves around the steel pipe to help hold the hoses in place - they'll blow off if you don't.

And if you're wondering, I canted it to the right to keep it away from the turbo.

EDIT - The link Vince posted is the best price I've seen - buy now!
              Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 27 April 2007, 12:03.
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                From bottom left, going clockwise,

2x 50mm 90deg elbows, 1x 50mm 135 deg elbow, 1x 50mm elbow, 1x 63mm to 50mm reducing elbow

All connected with 50mm tube (sawn up exhaust pipe!). You will need to file grooves around the steel pipe to help hold the hoses in place - they'll blow off if you don't.

And if you're wondering, I canted it to the right to keep it away from the turbo.

EDIT - The link Vince posted is the best price I've seen - buy now!
                Let's measure up and agree tomorrow as I haven't bought the same intercooler as you!

Comment

Let's measure up and agree tomorrow as I haven't bought the same intercooler as you!
                  So what is the plan for tomorrow
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    So what is the plan for tomorrow
                    Well, until this evening, the plan was to do the rear shocks and springs and fit the lift kit - fit the mesh grille and see what else we can get done...

BUT THEN - DISASTER STRUCK!!!

The rear prop UJ blew on my way home, so I need to sort that out - I may just drop the rear prop and put it in 4WD and drive down anyway - see if I can sort something out later with the UJ

I will be there, but about lunchtime now, instead of mid morning (13:00 ish)

Comment

Working...
                    X