Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant get my breath!

Guys n Girls, Meet S$$$$py.
    Got him from a rescue centre 5 weeks ago. I was going to save this pic for the forth coming comp but could'nt resist.
    Do you all reckon he's settled in then.
    He is only 13 month old but has had a $$$$e life till now. He's frightened of everything, cars/ being out side, and cowers when anyone calls round.
    Took him out the last time there was any wind and he $$$$e his self. I would love to get my hands on the $$$$er who made him like this. It will take months/years to sort him out bless him. He is so loveable when on a one on one basis. Anyway time will tell eh!

Nice one dude, persevere it'll be worth it! I hate a$$holes that mistreat animals.
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Lovely looking dog. It's nice when people sooner take a rescue animal rather than breeder.I got one from a rescue centre a few years back when she was 9 months old and she was found by the dog warden roaming around Falmouth.She was nervous as hell her self but she is scatty as hell now and wouldn't be without her
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You can get some jollop off the vets that helps with a nervous dog, can't remember what its called though... Nikki will tell you. Good luck with him and take your time
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          You can get some jollop off the vets that helps with a nervous dog, can't remember what its called though... Nikki will tell you. Good luck with him and take your time
          Ill look in to that mate thanks and we have all the time it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force
            Ill look in to that mate thanks and we have all the time it takes.
            you gonna bring him down in september Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              Serenum or Bach's remedy both work, but it's better just to try and work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                you gonna bring him down in september Phil
                If i can get him over the travel sickness Rich

Comment

If i can get him over the travel sickness Rich
                  get a pill from the vets and he'll be ok

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    get a pill from the vets and he'll be ok
                    Will do mate

Comment

nice one mate
                      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Will do mate
                        My rescue dog, Jake, was terrified of cars. Used serenum for a while. He now is ok, last week we went from Norfolk to Sunderand and back, with only one good stop in Sunderland for a good walk along the beach. We started taking him for walks after a 5 min drive, then a 15 min drive and so on. Now as soon as the back door is open he's waiting by the tailgate to go for a drive!

Comment

For some reason travel sickness is very comon with rescue dogs. Over the years of doing rescue we have had 100% success in retraining. The technique we use is simply to make the car fun, every walk involves a car ride, some we have done the evening feed in the car, and such like.
                          The fear should reduce over time, (and in some cases it does take years). We have tried most remedies over the years, with varying levels of success, mostly just treating him as a dog has the best results. Remember that if you are confident in a situation the dog will take confidence from yourself.

If you look at my avatar picture you'll see Whiskey, who became one of the most loving dogs I've had the pleasure of owning. When he first was dragged into our lives he was also afraid of everything, but he liked to shake hands with his teeth.
                          I agree if I could find the people that do these things (and we have seen some very unpleasent things) then there would be a severe outbreak of steralisation.
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

That dog is fooling you He will suprise you WAIT & SEE
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Thanks for all your advice my friends, we will continue to to do our best, one day he will be fine, im sure of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X