cleaning cars & diesel reddex -+ new exhaust info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning cars & diesel reddex -+ new exhaust info

whats it with you lot taking a dis-likeing to cleaning surfs?
    although i bet there is nothing better than a freshly cleaned surf heading for a green lane sesh.
    anyway, i was in halford buying the £12.99 car wax, and the £8.99 T-Cut restorative polish for dark red cars (then i spent roughly 5 hours applying it - twice)
    i picked up some diesel reddex and thought i would just take a look.
    i put in how much it said, and what a difference! now my car doesnt struggle just before it hits overdrive. before it used to get to 3000rpm and sort of sit there. still accellerating but the rev counter wernt moving too much. now it goes all the way to 4000 then changes and does the same.
    ive just got the STP treatment in case there is water in the derv - there is a may be about it, sometimes i fill up from a 25ltr drum through a funnel when its raining.
    apparently micro organisms can feed off the diesel if there is water in the tank! then this messes up your engine, anyone know about that????

i need a new exhaust, its split along the usual place - over axle bend where its seam welded. can anyone recommend a good place. i will most likely go back to the place i used to run - Longlife, in carshalton, but if there is anything new or whatever then im interested...
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by tonyppe
    anyway, i was in halford buying the £12.99 car wax, and the £8.99 T-Cut restorative polish for dark red cars (then i spent roughly 5 hours applying it - twice)
    You're banned!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I don't have a problem with it being clean - as per earlier threads,I just think to make it look used, you may as well use it!

Clean Surf to me means unhappy Surf - mine pleaded with me to do the mods so we could go out and get REALLY DIRTY!!!!!
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i would buy a 2nd one for off road only if the tax wasnt so high.
        do you think i would get away with polish number plates? haha
        although i could get one and trailer it everywhere...
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

road tax????

same as any car isn't it??

less tha £4 a week, you can't really complain?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

aint it gone up? my cousins land cruise is 350 for the year, assumed ours would be similar? im wrong?
            i might just get a road legal quad, but there easy to nick
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

aint it gone up? my cousins land cruise is 350 for the year, assumed ours would be similar? im wrong?
              nope... he must have a newer reg?
              and a bigger engine?

road legal quad is the same price as a car.

Comment

What is the age of the LC ?

CO2 shouldn't apply to our surfs
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Its a big myth, anything built before 2001 isn't affected, every VEHICLE (ie, not just 4x4's) built after is getting the tax hike based on emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    Its a big myth, anything built before 2001 isn't affected, every VEHICLE (ie, not just 4x4's) built after is getting the tax hike based on emissions.

unless you own a group A vehicle... which erm... doesn't exist!!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      unless you own a group A vehicle... which erm... doesn't exist!!
                      Yeah, I don't think walking even meets group A!

Comment

the bacteria in the diesel tank is commonly known as the diesel bug.take a look here.
                        http://www.liquideng.com.au/fuelset.html our R&D DEPARTMENT SWEAR BY THIS STUFF.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

so, where is this slime?... i've looked in a lot of tanks and all i've ever seen is a small amount of black dos floating round in the foam from the filler.

Comment

the black stuff is probably the bacteria. i would of expected it to be green, but then i thought about it, and if it were green it would of meant it was using the energy from the sun, and being inside the tank where its dark then it wouldnt be doing that. so most likely is that black slime.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

the black stuff is probably the bacteria. i would of expected it to be green, but then i thought about it, and if it were green it would of meant it was using the energy from the sun, and being inside the tank where its dark then it wouldnt be doing that. so most likely is that black slime.
                              how are bogeys green then??

and if the bacteria doubles in 20 mins then the tank of a 10 yr old truck would be over flowing with it!... also, the fuel filter would be all slimy with it, instead of the small amount of gunk in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X