head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AuldNick
    No the 3ltr head wont fit the 2.4, it's never just the gasket either 'cos the valve seats will be cracked.

Can be done DIY but take piccies first to remind you where all those stupid wee hoses go and torque the bolts as a 4 Runner.
    thats not what we were meaning chaps!!!!

the 3L head isn't the 3 litre head. the 3L head is off the 2.8 engine which is most commonly found in the hilux pick-ups. this head (the 3L) is what is often referred to as the 'modified head' and this is the head stevo and tonyN replace the 2.4's heads with when they go BANG!!!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
      thats not what we were meaning chaps!!!!

the 3L head isn't the 3 litre head. the 3L head is off the 2.8 engine which is most commonly found in the hilux pick-ups. this head (the 3L) is what is often referred to as the 'modified head' and this is the head stevo and tonyN replace the 2.4's heads with when they go BANG!!!
      i was thinking how to phrase that myself but you done a better job at it..
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        i was thinking how to phrase that myself but you done a better job at it..
        and after re-re-reading what i wrote earlier...it does make sense. but it's just missing a vital comma for it to do so.
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
        X