head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head gasket

well guys head gasket blew today and heater matrix and it all coincided with me packing wastegate off with washers,dont know whether that had anything to do with it though anyway will i need to get the head skimmed and will it cost me alot of money cheers

Originally posted by brian88883
    well guys head gasket blew today and heater matrix and it all coincided with me packing wastegate off with washers,dont know whether that had anything to do with it though anyway will i need to get the head skimmed and will it cost me alot of money cheers

Sorry to hear about that Brian - maybe you could give Stevo at the Engine Co a call....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

probably find its the head thats gone and not just the gasket but get it checked before re fitting to be on the safe side.You can get the heads from Stevo at the engine company his website is in the advertising banner at the top of the page
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

if it's not the modded (2.8) head then i'd say forget about this head and get the the 3L one.
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
          if it's not the modded (2.8) head then i'd say forget about this head and get the the 3L one.
          Logey the 3l head is the 2.8litre head

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            Logey the 3l head is the 2.8l head
            i know!?!

i thought what i wrote made sense but obviously not!

Comment

ah, yeah just re-read it and it doesn't make too much sense does it!

what i meant was to forget about the head thats on it now (if its the 2.4 head) and get the 2.8 (3L).

i'm a pleb.

Comment

i know!?!

i thought what i wrote made sense but obviously not!
                it probably does make sense to most people but this is me now you know....

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  it probably does make sense to most people but this is me now you know....
                  no, you were right (for once! )

Comment

will the 3l head go straight on the 2.4 engine and will it cost me mega bucks first noticed it when loads of white smoke started coming out of my exhaust then water in both front foot wells

Comment

no, you were right (for once! )
                      hahaha that makes a change then

Comment

will the 3l head go straight on the 2.4 engine and will it cost me mega bucks first noticed it when loads of white smoke started coming out of my exhaust then water in both front foot wells
                        yea it's the what most say is the modified head that goes on the 2.4

Comment

No the 3ltr head wont fit the 2.4, it's never just the gasket either 'cos the valve seats will be cracked.

Can be done DIY but take piccies first to remind you where all those stupid wee hoses go and torque the bolts as a 4 Runner.

Comment

Oh, Logey, bet that comment gets you a nomination for IOTW! The tiniest slip up and they're on you like a pack of wolves.
                            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                              Oh, Logey, bet that comment gets you a nomination for IOTW! The tiniest slip up and they're on you like a pack of wolves.
                              nah, not me. basement aint big enough!

Comment

Working...
                              X