Painting my chassis... what colour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting my chassis... what colour?

Having seen what Ian has done with his, I thought when I've got time to burn (ha!) that I might get the old wire brush out and clean mine up for painting. However, I'm not sure what colour.

As I have a blue truck I've been leaning towards a sort of mustard yellow as I think yellow and blue go together well. What do the esteemed membership think?
    Go for it!!!
    28.57%
    NOOOOOO you muppet!
    71.43%
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Silver - that would look sweet with the blue Andy - Yellow???
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

BRIGHT RED
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

why would you want to paint it with mustard,the first big puddle you go through and itll wash off. i say go for it andy.will it be done for the rtths???
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
          why would you want to paint it with mustard,the first big puddle you go through and itll wash off. i say go for it andy.will it be done for the rtths???
          I dunno. I struggle to get anything done these days! The last bit of time off has been sucked up clearing the garden for paving and a new shed...

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
            Silver - that would look sweet with the blue Andy - Yellow???
            Silver paint looks cheap. Chromed on the other hand... mmmm...

Comment

Looks like it's a go for it then!, youll be sorry, the front bit is the worst, i'm still trying to clean the $hite off,
              If your useing hammerite, i'd reccomend a light colour to go under it like hammerite silver, the yellow and red dose'nt cover too well, lacks opacity (?)
              i used a light tan/beige chassi paint,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                Chrome defiantly for me it would look so cool on your truck andy.

Comment

If you can find a place that could handle plateing a chassi or you could glue bakofoil all over it
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Look, I don't make the rules, but the rules clearly say, 'Frames are black. ~Chassis are black. Thats it.' So, there you have it.
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Mine's painted satin black.

Comment

Having seen what Ian has done with his, I thought when I've got time to burn (ha!) that I might get the old wire brush out and clean mine up for painting. However, I'm not sure what colour.

As I have a blue truck I've been leaning towards a sort of mustard yellow as I think yellow and blue go together well. What do the esteemed membership think?

It'll cost you more than a full english this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          Look, I don't make the rules, but the rules clearly say, 'Frames are black. ~Chassis are black. Thats it.' So, there you have it.
                          Thats it! End of poll, except for one more question for the board- SATIN OR HAMMERED???