new wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wheel bearings

could anyone give me any pics or info on how to remove front wheel bearings off a 2nd gen 3 lt surf as i just ordered new ones and need to get the done a.s.a.p. They sould arrrive monday. I am doing both innner and outer bearings, order the kit from Roughtrax.
    ty 4 all info and any pics.

Hi there they are easy to get out all you have to do is take off wheel and the brake clapper. On the hub is a cap take that off with a screwdriver, in side there is a 8mm bolt and washer take that off. Round the cap there are 8 nuts undo them half way. Then with a hammer give the collar a good tap all round till the tapers come out you may have to hit the collar a few times to get the tapers to come out. Don’t take the nuts off till the tapers are all lose some fly out. The collar can then be slide off.

Inside you will find snap ring take that off and the locking washer. There is a big 45 mm locking nut and tab washer with another 45mm nut and then a big washer. Once they are off and the brake clipper is off, the hub should slide off. The inner part off the front bearing should fall out.

To remove the rest of the bearing I used a 30cm 12mm bar to knock then out from the inside. There are 3 little cut outs in the hub so you can get the bar onto the bearings. The inner bearing has a oil seal. They come out easy with a light tapping.

To put them back in I used to old bearing to help knock the new bearing back in.
    Use lots of grease. Hope this helps refit and bleed brakes job done.

If i have missed anything i am sure someone will fill in the missing bits

good luck

chris
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Here you go... the haynes manual that used to be on here...

and it includes AVM locking hubs too...

Comment

Working...
      X