Omg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg

I broke the radiator temp sensor switch (the one in the thermostat houseing) while i was takeing stuff apart, spanner slipped and broke the top off it, just looked em up on roughtrax and its £52.50 (plus p&p etc i guess) JEEZUS,
    is there another one i could use which has a lower temp setting than this original type one? just wondering before i shell out,
    Thats a lot of money concidering the soddin thing never cuts in anyway,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

hi ian what do you think your name is STORMY.cant offer any advice on the sender though mate,sorry.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      hi ian what do you think your name is STORMY.cant offer any advice on the sender though mate,sorry.
      Hey i saw that...

Ian i'm the only one meant to snap things here..
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        Hey i saw that...

Ian i'm the only one meant to snap things here..
        Sorry!! wish you'd told me before i broke it then i would'nt have broke it
        Expensive little bugga aint it, talk about adding insult to injury! it took the skin off me as well

Comment

actually i think there is one vince was on about it a while ago.i may be wrong but i think its off a celica or mr2.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            I broke the radiator temp sensor switch (the one in the thermostat houseing) while i was takeing stuff apart, spanner slipped and broke the top off it, just looked em up on roughtrax and its £52.50 (plus p&p etc i guess) JEEZUS,
            is there another one i could use which has a lower temp setting than this original type one? just wondering before i shell out,
            Thats a lot of money concidering the soddin thing never cuts in anyway,
            If you can supply me with the genuine Toyota part number, on Monday I will cross reference at work. We have a computer system that cross references all aftermarket part numbers from genuine.

I can't promise anything as Toyota parts can be a bit difficult......for example I have an account with Denso at work, & of course Denso make for a 3rd Gen the oil & air filters, alternator, starter motor etc but Denso are under contract by Toyota not to supply anyone else except for Toyota.

Comment

Ian, I thought you had a switch for the fan and/or an aftermarket temperature gauge. Why don't you just ditch the sender and turn the fan on yourself/automatically through your new set up when it gets warm?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                Ian, I thought you had a switch for the fan and/or an aftermarket temperature gauge. Why don't you just ditch the sender and turn the fan on yourself/automatically through your new set up when it gets warm?
                Yeah that did cross my mind, i'm not sure if you actually need the sensor in place or not, thought of just blanking it off but wondered if i'm doing the right thing, i know MattF's done some modding with the fan/sensor etc, as i say in the two years i've had the truck the fan's never come on, and it's got pretty hot at times,

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris
                  If you can supply me with the genuine Toyota part number, on Monday I will cross reference at work. We have a computer system that cross references all aftermarket part numbers from genuine.

I can't promise anything as Toyota parts can be a bit difficult......for example I have an account with Denso at work, & of course Denso make for a 3rd Gen the oil & air filters, alternator, starter motor etc but Denso are under contract by Toyota not to supply anyone else except for Toyota.
                  Cheers Lewis, i'll try and pop over to our local dealer and see if he can give me the number, i'm not in any rush for this part as i've plenty to get on with,
                  Thanks for the offer, i'll let ya know, Ian

Comment

actually i think there is one vince was on about it a while ago.i may be wrong but i think its off a celica or mr2.
                    Cheers Mark, see what Vince has to say, its no big problem at the monent, only looked up the price as i was looking at filters and belts etc, wots this thing got in it, jewels?

Comment

T'wern't me!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                        Cheers Mark, see what Vince has to say, its no big problem at the monent, only looked up the price as i was looking at filters and belts etc, wots this thing got in it, jewels?

I said it t'wern't me!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          I said it t'wern't me!!
                          No one listens do they mate!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            No one listens do they mate!

They do when the IOTW is concerned!

Comment

Vince? Do I look like a soddin' Vince? B@stard. Corolla. Cuts in at around 90 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                              X