Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanks

I've spent the last month or so after the 2" suspension lift, worrying that there's something major wrong somewhere because of an intermitant rumble. Went on a trip into Sussex, no rumble. Slowly dawning on me on the way back that around the ports and channel tunnel (where I live) that the HGVs leave rumble strips in the tarmac at braking areas. Not only that but every summer or two there's a bloke who trundles around in his tank, also leaving rumble strips.

While this forum is the mutts nuts it can lead to a touch of Munchausen by proxy with reguards to our much loved Surfs.

The more you learn about the possible problems, the more you think you've found a new one, and you always look for the most technical faults instead of sticking to the basics.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
      I've spent the last month or so after the 2" suspension lift, worrying that there's something major wrong somewhere because of an intermitant rumble. Went on a trip into Sussex, no rumble. Slowly dawning on me on the way back that around the ports and channel tunnel (where I live) that the HGVs leave rumble strips in the tarmac at braking areas. Not only that but every summer or two there's a bloke who trundles around in his tank, also leaving rumble strips.

While this forum is the mutts nuts it can lead to a touch of Munchausen by proxy with reguards to our much loved Surfs.
      we get lots of tanks here and they wreck the c rap roads even more .....when i go over on of the crossings its like being in freefall
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

there's a bloke down the road from me that likesto drive steam engines around... they don't do much for the road surface!... you'd think they'd make it nice and flat, but there's some terrible ruts outside his house and all the way to the shops!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          we get lots of tanks here and they wreck the c rap roads even more .....when i go over on of the crossings its like being in freefall

We dont get a lot of tanks up here, but my auntie's emersion heater bust and ruined her ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
            We dont get a lot of tanks up here, but my auntie's emersion heater bust and ruined her ceiling.
            I used to wear a tank top when I was a kid . So I suppose that is also known as a turret top ?
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              I used to wear a tank top when I was a kid . So I suppose that is also known as a turret top ?

I have got 3 fish tanks but only got fish in one of them
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

The milk tanker goes past my house at half eleven every night and takes to the air over the little bridge. One night i'm going to chuck a football over the gate right infront of him. That will leave some ruts....
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  The milk tanker goes past my house at half eleven every night and takes to the air over the little bridge. One night i'm going to chuck a football over the gate right infront of him. That will leave some ruts....
                  There had better not be any crying if he crashes...
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                  X