Replacing the hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the hoses

I noticed a small coolant leak on Sunday, after spotting the middle hose was about a cm away from the block, I tightened the jubilee clip after pushing the hose up to butt onto the block, and after a couple of hours laning, I popped the bonnet to see some coolant leakage off that hose, but it was still butted right up to the block...

I replaced the top hose a while ago, and put silicone sealant around it, which seemed to have got hot, expanded and pushed the hose about 1/2 cm off the top of the rad....but minimal leaks.

So this weekend, it's top, middle and bottom hoses off, replacing them all and refilling the coolant after flushing the rad.

I've also noticed I've 'lost' over half the oil I put in a few weeks back - but no blobs where I've parked......new rocker cover gasket.....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

when you say half the oils' been lost, do you mean gone from max to half way mark on the MattF...erm...i mean dipstick? or has it literally lost half the oil?
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      I've also noticed I've 'lost' over half the oil I put in a few weeks back - but no blobs where I've parked......new rocker cover gasket.....
      I noticed that after the last flush / oil change I did. Filled it with new oil, ran it, checked the level OK. Drove it for a couple of days and checked it again and it was half inch lower!

Topped it up and it's been fine since! The engine must hide it somewhere and then sneak it somewhere else when you're not looking...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        I noticed that after the last flush / oil change I did. Filled it with new oil, ran it, checked the level OK. Drove it for a couple of days and checked it again and it was half inch lower!

Topped it up and it's been fine since! The engine must hide it somewhere and then sneak it somewhere else when you're not looking...
        Andy & Logey - That's exactly what happened - seems just fine now, maybe the oil pixies come during the night....

Comment

Andy & Logey - That's exactly what happened - seems just fine now, maybe the oil pixies come during the night....
          pixies? what are you on?

everyone knows it's enthrogrillarian goblins that steal surf oil!

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
            pixies? what are you on?

What am I on????

How very dare you!

Comment

pixies? what are you on?

Don't tell every one or they will stop supplying us
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Don't tell every one or they will stop supplying us

God - not you as well.......

Comment

God - not you as well.......
                  Its said about firemen (which i was for six years)

Firemen are insane ....they run into buildings that all sane people are leaving

Oh and logey just has a problem .....He is on earth
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

when you say half the oils' been lost, do you mean gone from max to half way mark on the MattF...erm...i mean dipstick? or has it literally lost half the oil?

Comment

Comment

NOT FAIR!!! i never said it's a problem to be on this planet, just more of a slight inconvenience to my overall life plan...

Comment

NOT FAIR!!! i never said it's a problem to be on this planet, just more of a slight inconvenience to my overall life plan...

Just cos you got a lift from a teaser
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Which is???

(I can't believe I've just asked that)

Comment

Which is???

(I can't believe I've just asked that)
                              adacodiatic hunting snails from the planet Spoorroggorus 12 are worth a fortune in the imbordulune and jykwelka territories of the anflartic galaxy (which is about 500 light years past the very dangerous haricoshod nebula), so basically i'd like to continue to breed them and sell them on for huge profit.

but since my Trans-bias-telecomapathic meter (which is the unit device used by humanoid life forms for inter-stellar travel to keep them safe through the dangers of passing hostile nebula's such as the haricoshod nebula - which unfortunately i need to go through in order to reach the anflartic galaxy) broke on my shuttle, i've been stuck here on earth...so i make do with the surf for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X