Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange noise

hi all been a while again.
    out driven my truck on sunday i noticed a strange noise from under the truck was like small grinding sound now is more like a clicking at if something got a hole in it whilst something else i rubbing over the hole when u move only getting the noise when in motion. i called the aa he thought the noise was from the rear so did a check to see if it was the rear bearing was not sure he told me advised me to book into a garage so i did well today i get a call from the garage say could i pop in to take it for a test drive so say whot noise i was hearing so off i went took it 4 a drive mechanic said he hadnt a clue wot it was told me to keep drivin to see if it gets worse. so when i got home i decided to have a look at the front wheels as i was sure the noise was from the front or right under drivers seat area jacked it up passenger side first the was a very slit movement on the wheel was told ages ago by another garage that that was prob normal but on the other side there is much more movement on the wheel do u think this might be my problem the front wheel bearing if so how would i go about doing it myself and how hard is it to do all pics and stuff would be great ty all 4 any help dave boy

Originally posted by Davey boy
    hi all been a while again.
    out driven my truck on sunday i noticed a strange noise from under the truck was like small grinding sound now is more like a clicking at if something got a hole in it whilst something else i rubbing over the hole when u move only getting the noise when in motion. i called the aa he thought the noise was from the rear so did a check to see if it was the rear bearing was not sure he told me advised me to book into a garage so i did well today i get a call from the garage say could i pop in to take it for a test drive so say whot noise i was hearing so off i went took it 4 a drive mechanic said he hadnt a clue wot it was told me to keep drivin to see if it gets worse. so when i got home i decided to have a look at the front wheels as i was sure the noise was from the front or right under drivers seat area jacked it up passenger side first the was a very slit movement on the wheel was told ages ago by another garage that that was prob normal but on the other side there is much more movement on the wheel do u think this might be my problem the front wheel bearing if so how would i go about doing it myself and how hard is it to do all pics and stuff would be great ty all 4 any help dave boy
    It took me ages to read this, you might want to get some punctuation in future posts....

Check the hubs, bearings, CV and drive shaft too - the noise and movement could be from anywhere around there...
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
    X