2 litre petrol 2nd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onlynik
    If you were to breaki t down by statistics, you'd need to know how many were built of each model and relate that to the number of problems. Also the number of web pages doesn't mean that number of problems.
    it's not web pages, it's results with the string, toyota 2.4td head problems etc etc.
    Last edited by huff_diggler; 13 April 2007, 18:23.
    The benchmark....

Comment

Take your rosed tinted glasses off, last year I replaced roughly 14 2.4 heads, vs 3 3.0 heads (one was a 96' UK Landcruiser), this year I'm currently on 2.4 head number 4, no 3.0's yet.

Argue all you like, how many Surfs do you work on a week? I think I have a little experiance.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Take your rosed tinted glasses off, last year I replaced roughly 14 2.4 heads, vs 3 3.0 heads (one was a 96' UK Landcruiser), this year I'm currently on 2.4 head number 4, no 3.0's yet.

Argue all you like, how many Surfs do you work on a week? I think I have a little experiance.

how many don't pop round to your yard...

and not to shun your yard, the results where a global search engine, with people globaly having problems... with these size engines.

not just surfs, like i said hi-ace vans,fouruners, hi-lux pick ups, camrys etc etc

if the 2.4td was so problematic, why isnt it at least 2nd in the results, smart arse?
        The benchmark....

Comment

www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler

and not to shun your yard, the results where a global search engine, with people globaly having problems... with these size engines.

not just surfs, like i said hi-ace vans,fouruners, hi-lux pick ups, camrys etc etc

if the 2.4td was so problematic, why isnt it at least 2nd in the results, smart arse?
            actually there is proberbly a good reason for the lack of 2.4's, they've all been s<rapped years ago
            The benchmark....

Comment

Lookes like another handbags at dawn thread. HeeHee
              If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
                not at all, hell, what do i know?
                The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163

hehehe, yeah, perfect timing as well, friday night just as the beers about to start flowing

Bring it on

Comment

hawkwind, wow, now theres a band, do you listen to ozric as well?
                    The benchmark....

Comment

hawkwind, wow, now theres a band, do you listen to ozric as well?
                      Only got the one album by Ozric Tentacles that my daughter found on the beach.
                      Its a great album though.

Hawkwind, great band, first group i ever went to see way back in 1979 on their 10th anniversary tour.
                      One crazy night, i even managed to puke in my undies lol.
                      Dont ask how or why, tis a long story

Comment

think i'll start selling popcorn
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Your search is flawed, click on a few of the links, loads arn't relavent to the search subject, loads are probably doubles as well.

Step away from the internet, and into the real world, how many Surfs have you owned? In real world experiance you have 3 months with 1 2.4 surf.

I've personally owned 4 or 5 over 10 years, 2.4's (all needed heads changing) 2 3.0's (one did a head gasket, got very hot but the head was and still is fine) and a V6 3.0 petrol with Toyota did the head gaskets on as a recall. and then I have worked others daily for the last 3 years, and heard all the owners storys. A stock 2.4 seems to crack the head everytime it overheats, and sometimes out of the blue. A 3.0 will if it gets properly hot, more usually just a headgasket fails, and a V6 is almost garrenteed to have rubbish headgaskets from the factory but normally survives mechanically.

Pass the popcorn......

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Step away from the internet,

Pass the popcorn......
                            have stepped away
                            The benchmark....

Comment

have stepped away

Its addictive!

Comment

I have seen only 1 2.0 2nd gen . I own a 1st gen 2.0 and yes its slow , but now runs a 2.2 , still slow . But once on a run it can plod along quite merrily until it breaks down again .
                                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                                X