Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm

I only have one zapper for car alarm which you also need to press after putting key in switch to start engine. I have been told that if i lose the zapper, then i will have to replace alarm. Anyone any ideas what can be done to avoid this, apart from losing it i mean.
    By the way, the place where alarm was installed, doesn't seem to be in business anymore.
    I am back to hospital next Monday, when i hope they might remove the plaster from my leg and replace with something else, so i can at least bend my leg, as i think if i can do that, then maybe i can drive.
    Probably hoping for too much, but never having broken a leg before, i don't know how long before i will be able to drive again and i am going nuts not being able to go anywhere without relying on someone else to give me a lift.
    Regards to all,
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

What make is it ?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

post a pic of your remote I may be able to identify it, and if not i'll ask a friend of mine who fits them and stuff for a living, see if he can identify it or source a replacement.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

aye, depends on the make.

mine is a cobra alarm, and I too was in a similar position. I was only given one fob and in order to code a new one I needed the pin code and what is called a touch key. I was able to get the pin code sent to me from the manufacturer after giving them the serial number of the unit, but without the touch key I was phucked.

so, after some investigation it turned out that I could simply buy a new alarm of the same make/model and switch over the alarm itself, which is the brains of the unit. this would then give me 2 new fobs and 2 new touchkeys as these are included with the new unit.

however, after buying a new alarm I found my original touch key and can now get a fob created for the original alarm! so the new one went back to the shop.

moral of the story is that there may well be a way around the problem, but it will depend on the make and model of your alarm and the pieces of the puzzle you currently hold.
        I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

mine was from auto-watch. phoned them up, spoke to patricia, and she looked my surf up on her databases and then for £27 sent me a new fob and instructions on how to get it to work.
          great service.
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

The alarm system fitted is a META alarm and immobiliser Model No M999T
            Thatcham code TC2 1198/0401
            The system was on the car when i bought it and it was fitted i think by Sittingbourne Car Sterio, but there phone numbers do not work now.
            Brother in Law has Key Fob at the moment. Will take picture at weekend.
            Thanks Philip
            Still Searching,
            Dick Whittington

Comment

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/ala...a-remotes.html does this help?

Seems you need the pin code. I'll still ask about it though when i see him, probably later on tonight
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Thanks
                Philip
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

Just to complete this rather old story...

I have now got a new working key fob the Meta system on Philip's old truck (now mine!).

I did not have the pin code but gave the serial number on the control box to these people http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarms/meta/index.htm and they gave me the pin and supplied the new fob- you then programe the new fob to your system using the pin code

Comment

Key Fob

If i had known that i would't have sold the truck!!!! Well done.
                    I can tell you, that not having a Surf is worse withdrawal symptons, than trying to stop smoking. Everyday still looking at tech forums and then realise i don't have a 4runner anymore. Problem i have is that in about a year maybe, my dog probably couldn't jump up in to the back of one. He now is a bit miffed at sitting in the back of a Passat Estate and not being able to stick his head out of the back window. Suppose i could make a little step ladder or something.
                    Paul, if wife tells you to sell it, contact me first, i don't know if i can go through life Surfless.
                    Philip
                    Last edited by Philip; 31 January 2010, 22:17.
                    Still Searching,
                    Dick Whittington

Comment

Phillip - I've sent you an email.....

Comment

Yes for late reply and sorry to hear your selling it. As much as i miss it, i'm not really in a position to buy it back, so best of luck with it. If any prospective purchasers want to call me about it, no problem.
                        Regards Philip
                        Still Searching,
                        Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                        X