Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT talkin boswolox

I had the below email from BT

Is it just me or does this email read like total sh1t ( I pay by Monthly Payment Plan) from reading this are they right there are no changes or do I get £1.50 off my bill..?

Service update
    Changes to BT prices and payment terms and conditions

Dear Customer,
    Important: there are no changes for customers who continue to pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan.
    With many more of our customers now choosing the convenience of paying for their BT broadband and BT telephony by Direct Debit (DD) or Monthly Payment Plan (MPP), we've decided to make some changes on your bill from 1st May 2007.
    • A reduction of £3 a quarter for your BT Together Option.
    • A reduction of £3 a quarter for your BT broadband package.
    • The introduction of a new single payment processing fee of £4.50 a quarter. This charge will be made by BT Payment Services Ltd, a BT Group Company. It is one of the lowest charges in the industry.
    These changes will apply if you choose to pay by means other than DD or MPP. The combined result of these separate changes will be £1.50 a quarter less on your BT bill when compared to current prices.
    How can I avoid paying the new payment processing fee?
    To avoid the quarterly £4.50 payment processing fee, simply sign up to pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan.

Thank you for your attention.
    Best wishes,
    BT Broadband Team

i just had one saying thanks for ordering an internet package for some chef bloke on a new business rate ,
    just do wot i did and bin it...
    john..
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
      I had the below email from BT

Is it just me or does this email read like total sh1t ( I pay by Monthly Payment Plan) from reading this are they right there are no changes or do I get £1.50 off my bill..?

Service update
      Changes to BT prices and payment terms and conditions

Dear Customer,
      Important:there are no changes for customers who continue to pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan.
      With many more of our customers now choosing the convenience of paying for their BT broadband and BT telephony by Direct Debit (DD) or Monthly Payment Plan (MPP), we've decided to make some changes on your bill from 1st May 2007.
      • A reduction of £3 a quarter for your BT Together Option.
      • A reduction of £3 a quarter for your BT broadband package.
      • The introduction of a new single payment processing fee of £4.50 a quarter. This charge will be made by BT Payment Services Ltd, a BT Group Company. It is one of the lowest charges in the industry.
      These changes will apply if you choose to pay by means other than DD or MPP. The combined result of these separate changes will be £1.50 a quarter less on your BT bill when compared to current prices.
      How can I avoid paying the new payment processing fee?
      To avoid the quarterly £4.50 payment processing fee, simply sign up to pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan.

Thank you for your attention.
      Best wishes,
      BT Broadband Team
      Ignore it mate, you pay by MPP, so you will find NO change
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Ignore it mate, you pay by MPP, so you will find NO change
        So does that mean if I was paying each quarter and now move to pay by MPP or DD then I would be £1.50 better off

"These changes will apply if you choose to pay by means other than DD or MPP. The combined result of these separate changes will be £1.50 a quarter less on your BT bill when compared to current prices."

Are they then getting a better deal than ME!?

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
          So does that mean if I was paying each quarter and now move to pay by MPP or DD then I would be £1.50 better off

"These changes will apply if you choose to pay by means other than DD or MPP. The combined result of these separate changes will be £1.50 a quarter less on your BT bill when compared to current prices."

Are they then getting a better deal than ME!?
          If you pay by MPP or DD then you will be £1.50 better off - you got the better deal.
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            If you pay by MPP or DD then you will be £1.50 better off - you got the better deal.
            Great

that's what I thought it was the fact they start the email saying

"Important:there are no changes for customers who continue to pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan."

That's wrong...!

Comment

looks like if you pay by other means than MPP or DD then the change affect you...
              the 2 services would have had a premium of £3.00 processing fee...

they're bundling them together and replacing the £6 total with a £4.50 fee to cover both.
              as you didn't pay either of the £3 charges before then there will be no change.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                looks like if you pay by other means than MPP or DD then the change affect you...
                the 2 services would have had a premium of £3.00 processing fee...

they're bundling them together and replacing the £6 total with a £4.50 fee to cover both.
                as you didn't pay either of the £3 charges before then there will be no change.
                ? I called BT they said I would save £1.50 ....they also said the email was very badly written...

Comment

Working...
                X