Information, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information, please

I am contemplating getting a Surf, 2.4 diesel manual, J plate.
    There seems to be a number of variations on the engine theme, what are the basic differences between the various 2.4s?
    Given that I don't know exactly which engine it has, (turbo is on the left when looking from the front of the car, what sort of fuel consumption can I expect?
    I haven't driven it yet, but can anyone say if it will be quicker/faster than my present classic shape 300TDi Range Rover?
    I've seen comments about the 2.4 cylinder heads, what goes wrong with them, and should I worry about it?
    This car has had very little use over the last few years but everything seems to work. Asking price is ca £1000, is this cheap or what?

Many thanks,
    Gordon
    2nd gen Ltd

Originally posted by gordon b
    There seems to be a number of variations on the engine theme, what are the basic differences between the various 2.4s?
    Given that I don't know exactly which engine it has, (turbo is on the left when looking from the front of the car, what sort of fuel consumption can I expect?
    I haven't driven it yet, but can anyone say if it will be quicker/faster than my present classic shape 300TDi Range Rover?
    I've seen comments about the 2.4 cylinder heads, what goes wrong with them, and should I worry about it?
    This car has had very little use over the last few years but everything seems to work. Asking price is ca £1000, is this cheap or what?

Many thanks,
    Gordon
    that is a really good price if its in good condition aswell like you say
    not sure on the different engines for the 2.4's
    yes the early 2.4's did suffer from the heads going but if you get it for 1k then if the head does go its still worth putting right.The heads on the later 2.4's were changed to the 2.8 3l head as there was a fault in the manufacture of them.
    you can get from 20 to 25 mpg maybe more on a run.
    I'm don't know if it will be qicker than the RR but the surf will out last the RR.
    If you can afford it go for the 3.0 surf as you'll get roughly the same mpg but more power
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by gordon b

Many thanks,
      Gordon
      Sounds a good deal, just make sure it's a burgundy one as they're the best lol. So long as you look after the engine and service it, you won't have any trouble. Happy surfing
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Black-Feather's Beast

Originally posted by Jason_b555
        Sounds a good deal, just make sure it's a burgundy one as they're the best lol. So long as you look after the engine and service it, you won't have any trouble. Happy surfing
        Get a Blue One there the best It's like anything if you look after it! it should be fine, flush out the water sym now and then, put a good oil in, Ive added restore oil in mine and it dose what it says on the tin, change all the drive belts, just in case! mine done about 76,000 miles and runs as if she was a new one,

Comment

Working...
        X