Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting on Matiz

Morning all.

Just got back from Majorca. Much nicer there than I thought it would be (once we got out of the resort). Lots of mountains to climb and old stuff to see.

Anyway, whilst there, I hired a 'Chevrolet' (Daewoo) Matiz. I just found out that it was 800cc so I won't slate its performance. I did wonder why it was making quite so much noise at 80...

But I would urge everyone never to drive one, partly because it feels like it's going to fall over on every bend but mostly because it has the most enormous A-pillar and it's impossible to see where you're going if you're on any kind of bend. In the end, I had to put my head out of the window so I could see.

And I'm sure someone said visibility from 4x4s was bad and they shouldn't be allowed near schools. Ban 800cc city cars too!

I had a Volvo V70 Turbo (petrol) all last week, and whilst it's a comfy and quick cruiser, what lets it down when 'making progress' is the size of the pillars! Like you say, bends require lots of head movement to see round.

Reversing it was way harder than reversing the surf cos rear vis is cr@p.

Methinks the 'poor visibility' thing about 4x4s is greenie bull5h1t!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

just got back from mijas near malaga and we had a brand new Renault Scenic that had done 3kms! 1.6 diesel and it was a good car - pretty nippy and still did 45mpg thrashing it around the mountains.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Methinks the 'poor visibility' thing about 4x4s is greenie bull5h1t!
        as is most of the anti-4x4 dribble.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X