swap w.h.y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vatchman
    hehehehe,blast you got me.i was gonna let you lot sweat a bit.im looking for a project truck for the missus and a stable mate for stein.
    Check out Holdenhurst motor company , they have a surf in there, it's up for £2250 but I questioned him about it having had a rear wheel carrier stuck on the back very badly , no reverse lights and some other minor stuff and he offerd it to me for £1000 ! , worth a little look it's even got a private plate.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by thecaretaker
      seen you on saturday in woodzie's domain what great surf awesome sound,good luck in swapping or getting a new project shame to see it leave you after all that work
      where abouts was that then???
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
        Check out Holdenhurst motor company , they have a surf in there, it's up for £2250 but I questioned him about it having had a rear wheel carrier stuck on the back very badly , no reverse lights and some other minor stuff and he offerd it to me for £1000 ! , worth a little look it's even got a private plate.

Andy.
        was that the one you were gonna buy???
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          Do wot my mate did with a Chevy V8 Metro and use the rear seats as driver and passenger seats .Engine 1/2 under bonnet and 1/2 inside car .
          i bet that thing flew,power to weight ratio.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yep , just needs a little TLC . it's a sound motor and it's had the head done too.

Comment

hehehehe,blast you got me.i was gonna let you lot sweat a bit.im looking for a project truck for the missus and a stable mate for stein.

There were a couple of surfs for spares or repair on recently, with blown heads/engines, would do you if you want to transplant the block, maybe for one of them V8 Lexus lumps.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

where abouts was that then???
                West lavington i live close to woodzie i was in the village when you passed me i was in the shop
                SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  There were a couple of surfs for spares or repair on recently, with blown heads/engines, would do you if you want to transplant the block, maybe for one of them V8 Lexus lumps.
                  heheheheheheheh

You could race JMC & LA Supertrux if you went for a Lexus install
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by thecaretaker
                    West lavington i live close to woodzie i was in the village when you passed me i was in the shop
                    ah.all becomes clear.so how comes you werent out with us on saturday then.hope i didnt frighten the $$$$ outta the shop keeper.really nice village you live in there,sort of place id love to live,especially with a back yard the size of the plains.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                      heheheheheheheh

You could race JMC & LA Supertrux if you went for a Lexus install
                      yea ive been looking into the lexus swop with a great deal of interest.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

ah.all becomes clear.so how comes you werent out with us on saturday then.hope i didnt frighten the $$$$ outta the shop keeper.really nice village you live in there,sort of place id love to live,especially with a back yard the size of the plains.
                        had a water problem and the air pipe has split in two ,still waiting to get me at's on then i can play again,living out here is great the only bad bit is choosing where to go ,so many options(sigh).
                        SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

ok so ive got one possibility thanks andy.anyone else know where theres a surf lurking (prefferably an mot failure,blown engine)that requires a new home.?
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

there was one on ebay a couple of days ago and i think they wanted about 750 for it
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yea ive been looking into the lexus swop with a great deal of interest.
                              I was up LA S' the other week chatting and filling our truck up with goodies, the Lexus V8 is Fawking big motor!! No exaggeration, it huge, a 90deg V8, its as fat as it is long, and just as thick, JMC's motor is resting on the front diff and the bonnet is still about 8" away from shutting!

I'd go with no inner arches, tube the front end, cropped sump, solid front axle and at least 3" of bodylift to get it in there.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hello,

I've got a 1st Gen that needs a V8 or something - shall we go half each?

PS - already got a solid front axle as standard!

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                                X