100amp fuse!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100amp fuse!!!

My alt fuse has blown dont seem to be having any ill affects from this!!! how can this be?? also where can i get a replacement fuse from?? halfords do not stock this sort of thing? would it be a internet jobby or do i need a toyota dealer??

I took it off road last week but I did not have a cover on the fuse box as just brought the truck and it was missing!! could this be a course of the problem?

would this fuse stop the 4wd engaging?

Originally posted by hiroler
    My alt fuse has blown dont seem to be having any ill affects from this!!! how can this be?? also where can i get a replacement fuse from?? halfords do not stock this sort of thing? would it be a internet jobby or do i need a toyota dealer??

I took it off road last week but I did not have a cover on the fuse box as just brought the truck and it was missing!! could this be a course of the problem?

would this fuse stop the 4wd engaging?
    You get one from toyota or a breakers . To fit you will have to unbolt it from under the fuse box , loosen the fuse box and it will let you turn it enough to unbolt
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I will give my local toyota dealer a try then! cheers! I thought the fuse might have been fused to the fuse holter so took a pair of grips to it!! this did not work well and destroyed the fuse completly then i descovered the other method....

also does anyone know where i could take my truck to get the 4wd system looked at i think all the vacume pipes are ok and the atf oil seems ok but still will not go into 4wd I`m not very technical and not sure where to start!

The only thing i found was i pipe on the passenger side with a sort of rubber 1" plug on the end not connected to anything but cant seem to find where this should go! i will post a pic up tomorrow to see if any one can shead some light!

when i press the 4wd button you can hear the relay click and feel an electric motor start for a second or two. but no dash light and no 4wd.

Comment

I will give my local toyota dealer a try then! cheers! I thought the fuse might have been fused to the fuse holter so took a pair of grips to it!! this did not work well and destroyed the fuse completly then i descovered the other method....

also does anyone know where i could take my truck to get the 4wd system looked at i think all the vacume pipes are ok and the atf oil seems ok but still will not go into 4wd I`m not very technical and not sure where to start!

The only thing i found was i pipe on the passenger side with a sort of rubber 1" plug on the end not connected to anything but cant seem to find where this should go! i will post a pic up tomorrow to see if any one can shead some light!

when i press the 4wd button you can hear the relay click and feel an electric motor start for a second or two. but no dash light and no 4wd.

On the front edge of the silver tube with EFI Diesel on it, there is a small metal pipe which should have a rubber vacuum hose on each end.

Comment

The front end that goes to the T piece on the left is connected but i have not checked the other end of the pipe. perhaps this is its home it has some sort if rubber bell type conector on the end of it!!

Comment

The front end that goes to the T piece on the left is connected but i have not checked the other end of the pipe. perhaps this is its home it has some sort if rubber bell type conector on the end of it!!

This should help.....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/turbovacuum.htm

Comment

The only thing i found was i pipe on the passenger side with a sort of rubber 1" plug on the end not connected to anything but cant seem to find where this should go!
              This will be the Vent Hose for the Air Con Fans. I assume you have underslung when I say this. Just make sure it is secured somewhere high in the engine bay and pointing down to prevent water entry.

Nev

Comment

Yeah I think thats what it is the pipe is all damaged and clogged with mud I will see if i can get it clear!! thanks this site is great!

Comment

might be cheaper at roughtrax www.toyotahilux.com or milners offroad www.milneroffroad.com than toyota dealers.
                  Last edited by Gizmo; 8 April 2007, 19:12.
                  Gaz

Comment

Working...
                  X