• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your signatures please...

Sign the petition!

Clickety-click

Done, but I would have aimed at 25%
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

And perhaps even a tax free 25%...
      A nice sort of incentive...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
        And perhaps even a tax free 25%...
        A nice sort of incentive...
        It's a good suggestion BUT if this thieving bunch give you 25% tax free WHERE will they take 30% back from?

Comment

Originally posted by MadcapMagician
          Sign the petition!

Clickety-click
          SORTED!!

Comment

signed up, but what about the diesel engines that cannot run on veg oil blend?
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
              signed up, but what about the diesel engines that cannot run on veg oil blend?
              They should be fine on a 10% blend. 25% on the other hand would definitely knacker them.

Comment

What does our Gordon get out of it though??

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  What does our Gordon get out of it though??
                  The joy in knowing that he's reduced the country's CO2 emissions to the required level.

Comment

Errrrrrrrrrm, guys, perhaps we should be a little cautious here. The key word in the petition being mandatory. What happens if they hike the price of vegetable oil. Who is going to monitor if we have 10% in the tank? What if we put 50% in, will we be fined for over use?

What happens if this mix has a detrimental effect on some engines? Are we going to have to fanny on at filling stations with a bottle of cooking oil before / after we fill up?

I can just imagine sitting behind mister or missus arzehole as they put on rubber gloves, open the boot, take out the veggie oil and a measuring jug then put fuel in the tank, take out their calculators, determine the exact amount of veggie needed (to three decimal places) measure said amount out in jug, put it in the tank, wipe veggie container, measuring jug and calculator with paper towel then go to pay. I'm talking nightmare scenario people.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                      Errrrrrrrrrm, guys, perhaps we should be a little cautious here. The key word in the petition being mandatory. What happens if they hike the price of vegetable oil. Who is going to monitor if we have 10% in the tank? What if we put 50% in, will we be fined for over use?

What happens if this mix has a detrimental effect on some engines? Are we going to have to fanny on at filling stations with a bottle of cooking oil before / after we fill up?

I can just imagine sitting behind mister or missus arzehole as they put on rubber gloves, open the boot, take out the veggie oil and a measuring jug then put fuel in the tank, take out their calculators, determine the exact amount of veggie needed (to three decimal places) measure said amount out in jug, put it in the tank, wipe veggie container, measuring jug and calculator with paper towel then go to pay. I'm talking nightmare scenario people.
                      Er.....I think you've missed the point. Like, totally.

The oil and diesel should be mixed by the suppliers, not by drivers. In other words, when you go to a fuel station and fill up, the fuel that comes out of the nozzle will be an oil/diesel blend.

Comment

The oil and diesel should be mixed by the suppliers, not by drivers. In other words, when you go to a fuel station and fill up, the fuel that comes out of the nozzle will be an oil/diesel blend.
                        Errr.... like, I think you're right. Truth of the matter is it was supposed to be taken in a light hearted vien. A little light relief? Sorry if I appeared to be against your suggestion. It's just that on the whole these petitions are pointless, I seem to remember one that had umpteen thousand signatures and when it was presented to the government it was placed in the file marked 'BIN' and has never been heard of since, can't remember what it was but it had motoring connections, no offence meant mate.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

So like B5 but stronger ?

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                            no offence meant mate
                            None taken. I assumed you'd misunderstood, that's all.

Originally posted by UDTrev
                            So like B5 but stronger?
                            B5? Is that the pointless "biodiesel blend" that Tesco sell? If so, then not quite. Tesco's "biodiesel blend" is 5% biodiesel, not oil. I want 10% oil in our diesel.

Comment

None taken. I assumed you'd misunderstood, that's all.

B5? Is that the pointless "biodiesel blend" that Tesco sell? If so, then not quite. Tesco's "biodiesel blend" is 5% biodiesel, not oil. I want 10% oil in our diesel.
                              Yep, that's the stuff, so we want a V25 - well you do

Comment

Working...
                              X