Any variations on car Ariel’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any variations on car Ariel’s

I have an ariel on the truck that I keep breaking(replacing). It extends out when you turn the radio on. So if you are playing music and on an overgrown green lane the ariel gets it.

Apart from turning the music off or spotting the branches has anyone got a solution and if poss a picky

Tar
    Mark

Originally posted by madcampbell
    I have an ariel on the truck that I keep breaking(replacing). It extends out when you turn the radio on. So if you are playing music and on an overgrown green lane the ariel gets it.

Apart from turning the music off or spotting the branches has anyone got a solution and if poss a picky

Tar
    Mark
    i think roughtrax do an alternative ariel for the surf,one of those rubber ones about 12" long i think it is
    http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=393

they are currently out of stock tho
    Last edited by stormforce; 6 April 2007, 22:36.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i now have no ariel but a nice snorkel , but cant be bothered to fit it to the other side so i will fit a small rubber one on the roof or any on from the s$$$$ yard that folds down..
      john..
      ps carry lots of cd`s
      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

[whistle mode] Posts link to thread [/whistle mode]

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          [whistle mode] Posts link to thread [/whistle mode]

mine had a direct hit of a pidgeon last year and survived ( not the pidgeon )
          i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            i think roughtrax do an alternative ariel for the surf,one of those rubber ones about 12" long i think it is
            http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=393

they are currently out of stock tho
            Thanks for that.

Comment

i and i know other's on here have installed a switch in the ariel wiring, so you can stop it coming up when you turn the radio on.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

I snapped mine off the day I got the truck

So, now I have a work of art installed, an old wire coat hanger, straightened out and wedged in, with copper wire from a piece of coax cable wound around it....works way better than the original one!

Snorkels going on soon, so may need a rethink..
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Mine was snapped when I bought mine but can't be bothered to get a new one as they are expensive for what they are.....if a rubber one is put in its place does anyone know how to shut off the motor as its keeps making a dodgy noise when i turn the radio on.

Cheers
                  Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

whats wrong with a british classic
                    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

If you fit a rubber one you take the motor out so it wont make any noise!!

The only problem i had fitting mine was lack of room in the wing (too lazy to take it off!)

Glad i did fit it though as my first green laning meet surferboyshaun lost his on a excitable bush!!
                      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                      X