• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good afternoons work !

Had a good go at the new truck this afternoon ,

2 new bumper corners fitted,
    New stereo fitted,
    White dial kit fitted,

Nothing broken ! not even a sheared off nut, well chuffed ,but then..........I managed to make a complete fool of myself.

Thought I'd take her out for a spin to the shops , now this is the first auto I have ever owned , my other 3 trucks have all been manuals.
    Jumped in the truck , start engine, put it in drive...... nothing , wont go.
    5 minuites of head scratching later and the missis saying you've broken it haven't you? I realise that while working on it earlier I've moved the little 4wd stick , quick shift of that and I'm off to the shops, looking very embarressed. Doh !

Now it's just the saggy ar$e to fix. springs are in the boot ready to go

Andy.

I've done that on more than one occasion and i bet most of us have.
    Working at last.......

Comment

not me!
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
        Had a good go at the new truck this afternoon ,

2 new bumper corners fitted,
        New stereo fitted,
        White dial kit fitted,

Nothing broken ! not even a sheared off nut, well chuffed ,but then..........I managed to make a complete fool of myself.

Thought I'd take her out for a spin to the shops , now this is the first auto I have ever owned , my other 3 trucks have all been manuals.
        Jumped in the truck , start engine, put it in drive...... nothing , wont go.
        5 minuites of head scratching later and the missis saying you've broken it haven't you? I realise that while working on it earlier I've moved the little 4wd stick , quick shift of that and I'm off to the shops, looking very embarressed. Doh !

Now it's just the saggy ar$e to fix. springs are in the boot ready to go

Andy.
        let me know when you want springs doing andy.ive got the compressors here waiting.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH
          I've done that on more than one occasion and i bet most of us have.

Erm......no
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Watch out for the other 'auto' boob !

Leaving it in gear when parking it, then finding later you cannot start it !
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
              let me know when you want springs doing andy.ive got the compressors here waiting.

Be round in 5 ! , only joking.

How long do ya think it will take ? could escape at anytime over the weekend, I'll tell her I've gone to the shops

Andy.

Comment

if i leave mine in gear i can't take the keys out the ignition
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Working...
                X