snorkel part two.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snorkel part two.

seeing as it was such a lovely evening i decided to start the other side of the snorkel early.ill post the finished pics tomorrow.but heres a sneaky peek at the progress so far.

www.overfab.uk

Thats a really clean cut - what did you use?
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      Thats a really clean cut - what did you use?
      for the hole or the inner wing reinforcements.? i used an air powered skinny disc for the wing and a 65mm hole cutter for the hole.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
        for the hole or the inner wing reinforcements.? i used an air powered skinny disc for the wing and a 65mm hole cutter for the hole.
        Nice job - I'm fitting mine next week as well as a bonnet air intake and vents...
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

He does'nt hang about does he
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

hi vatchman looking good , i just found that box section in mine and need to cut it out .
            but not got all my tools form work so i think i will drink more then hit it with a big hamer.
            i brough home loads of tools and as yet have only used a 10 mm , 12 mm , and pozi screwy plus did not need to take of the bumper i just bent the forward tab
            on the wing.
            did you move the diognostics socket on the n/s or work around it ?.

ps cant get the pics of my phone onto the tuter and digi cam needs batterys and i got some pics of the safari ( ish ) top i made .
            good work mate well done
            john
            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Now dont think I'm picking holes or anything, but when you engine moves about, is the tubing going to knock against the wing? (Hard hat on and ready )
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                He does'nt hang about does he
                what me.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

what me.
                  YEP! YOU
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
                    hi vatchman looking good , i just found that box section in mine and need to cut it out .
                    but not got all my tools form work so i think i will drink more then hit it with a big hamer.
                    i brough home loads of tools and as yet have only used a 10 mm , 12 mm , and pozi screwy plus did not need to take of the bumper i just bent the forward tab
                    on the wing.
                    did you move the diognostics socket on the n/s or work around it ?.

ps cant get the pics of my phone onto the tuter and digi cam needs batterys and i got some pics of the safari ( ish ) top i made .
                    good work mate well done
                    john
                    hi john look at pic two you will se a little grey plug just by the fuse box,thats the diagnostic plug,not that its any use to me anymore.hehehe
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      Now dont think I'm picking holes or anything, but when you engine moves about, is the tubing going to knock against the wing? (Hard hat on and ready )
                      pick away charlie.yes ur right , you cant see it on the other side but i have cable tied some thick rubberised foam around the bend as it goes through the hole in the wing,its worked so far no vibrations or rattles.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        YEP! YOU
                        im on a different time scale to every one else,what did you expect.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

pick away charlie.yes ur right , you cant see it on the other side but i have cable tied some thick rubberised foam around the bend as it goes through the hole in the wing,its worked so far no vibrations or rattles.
                          I was thinking more about when the engine moves over against the torque, and the outside edge of the pipe hitting the underside of the wing. If you had a concertina type rubber joint instead of the (very nice) blue joint, it would isolate the pipe work from the engines movement.... Sorry to go on, but I'm such a worrier..
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

hi john look at pic two you will se a little grey plug just by the fuse box,thats the diagnostic plug,not that its any use to me anymore.hehehe
                            sorry mate my bad , mine is on the other side but just found a captive bolt two inch`s nearer the bulk head so i will move it anyway.
                            the hole i just cut in the wing is a long ovel but i think that after i cut out the box section i will still need to flatten the end of the bulkhead as i want the pipe as close to the a post as pos ( 10 mill ) if pos...
                            this is like being at work only if i fack up i pay ,,,,doh !!!!
                            john....
                            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              I was thinking more about when the engine moves over against the torque, and the outside edge of the pipe hitting the underside of the wing. If you had a concertina type rubber joint instead of the (very nice) blue joint, it would isolate the pipe work from the engines movement.... Sorry to go on, but I'm such a worrier..
                              ahha,i have a secret weapon,i used the original surf engine mounts tough as old boots,so when you rev up instead of the engine moving ,the whole truck moves, but i will take your point into account.ian did give me some very nice concertina hoses.so if they do hit ill swap them over.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X