Had my steering rod done and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my steering rod done and...

On the vehicle checklist they have given green ticks all of the way, but they have noted that the front suspension feels soft.

It was the wife and not me that picked the car up so she never queried it.
    How do i test the suspension myself to check that it is ok, what do i look for as i thought the front was ok???

I actually thought that maybe it was the back that needed newer springs as it sits slightly lower than the front.

Thank you

BTW, we were left a complimentry bottle of champane in the passenger seat as most others seem to have had

What was the vehicle in for?

Feels soft compared to what?

If shocks work (have hard and normal mode) they should be ok, if they don't then they should fail the test.

The rear should be level with front, may have saggy arse syndrome, easily fixed.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, just enjoy the surf.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Hi
      the vehicle was in for the steering rod recall.

Feels soft compared to what?
      I dont know as it was the wife who picked it up and she did not ask why.

I dont have the hard/soft button on my vehicle.

The rear should be level with front, may have saggy arse syndrome, easily fixed.
      Thats why i thought that it would have been the rear and not the front that needed doing (and was actually saving up for).

Thanks plumb bob

Comment

I had really poor rear springs when I bought the surf, and after I had the +20% springs from Milners (I think) it drove like a different vehicle, the front end felt much more positive and firm, and the steering not so light.

It's worth doing for the relatively low cost, and I had 120Kg of sand and cement in the boot the other day and it didn't even notice.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Sounds like yours wasn't done by Lookers at Rayleigh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
            Sounds like yours wasn't done by Lookers at Rayleigh.
            Batemans, Grange, Cumbria.

Comment

Working...
            X