Resigned again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resigned again

I resigned from yet another job last Friday , this time because we are hopefully moving to Donkey pushing country , Norfolk .
    I hope this will be the last job working in the Insurance industry and being hated by most vehicle owners (inc Surfs) after an accident . .
    I finish on Monday 30th April . Then we hope to move in May and both start something different . Still not sure about training to being a plumber or not .They are rare in the area we are going to move to from wot locals have said .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

How about Plumbing insurance?
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
      I resigned from yet another job last Friday , this time because we are hopefully moving to Donkey pushing country , Norfolk .
      I hope this will be the last job working in the Insurance industry and being hated by most vehicle owners (inc Surfs) after an accident . .
      I finish on Monday 30th April . Then we hope to move in May and both start something different . Still not sure about training to being a plumber or not .They are rare in the area we are going to move to from wot locals have said .
      My step brother recently quit his job in the city to re train as a plumber, he was just fed up with all the meeting and bull that goes with a high flying city job, he seems happpier too.
      There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Most of the building trades are in short supply now......and you dont have to do much to be a plumber.....

Good luck whatever you end up doing....

Comment

Good luck with what you choose to do Rick - do they have pipes in Norfolk? and running water?
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
            Good luck with what you choose to do Rick - do they have pipes in Norfolk? and running water?
            Of course they have running water - haven't you seen those big ditches
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

BREYDON WATERS a big Ditch ? Too many POLES trying to fix UK problems & cocking it up big time. Rick theres a niche in the market so go for it. Good Luck
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                Of course they have running water - haven't you seen those big ditches

Gonna need a lot of PTFE to plug them ditches...........

Good luck matey..
                (you're not the most hated Police Officers & Tax Men are in front of you )
                NO WORRIES!
                Rusty

Comment

ESTATE AGENTS & SOLICITORS are worse
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Just wait untill you have lugged a hot water tank around and carried a bathroon suite up stairs umpteen times .....Its a killer on the back
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      Just wait untill you have lugged a hot water tank around and carried a bathroon suite up stairs umpteen times .....Its a killer on the back
                      So's carrying the wad home when you get the invoice paid!
                      Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

"IF" you get the invoice paid, not "when". Being self employed can be a real bugger on cash flow as everyone will try to screw you, so be very wary. Oh, and make sure you do a good job, as we don't want to see you and the Surf on Rogue Traders!!!
                        Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                          Most of the building trades are in short supply now......and you dont have to do much to be a plumber.....

Good luck whatever you end up doing....

I'll ignore that comment!

Maybe there's not many plumbers coz they don't need them?

In my area we are over run with "plumbers" who work far too cheap ( they charge less money a day than I can get working for a company) so it makes it very hard to earn a decent living when you want to do the job right and provide a good service for your customers.

I would say go for it, coz even if you don't make a fortune, you'll always have work, and you get to travel and meet new people who don't want to pay for the work you've just done.

PS: Had two customers cheque bounce this month, totallin £4000.00. this has put me in a serious hole financially, although they have now cleared, after me having to make personal visits to get new cheques, I have now had one of my cheques returned from the merchant where I bought the materials, sometimes it's just too much stress working for yourself, I've never been in so much debt!
                          Last edited by plumb bob; 4 April 2007, 19:24.
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

We got an electric power shower thats needs plumming in and the electrics putting in,you can come round here and fit it for me.Of course as you will only be a trainee you wont get paid for your work but it will be good pratice for you.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

You could allways learn Polish and take all the cheapest low paid jobs like carrot and spud picking as you are going to be in spud country
                              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                              X