X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the bars ......get a winch bumper
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

winch bumpers look horrible, they got no style to them.

and whats the point if your only off roading for fun, a tow strap and another surf do the same

Comment

I have the full width chrome bullbars on my Surf, but they have quite a bit of flex / bounce in them, much more so than the all the metal and glass behind them. When hitting something gently the flex in the bars would help bounce it away.

I honestly can't see how the front of a bare Surf is going to deform if you hit someone - perhaps the bonnet would if they bounced off it, but the front? I doubt it. Even if the person managed to avoid all the solid bits and went through the flimsy plastic rad cover then the rad and engine block aren't going to offer much cushioning, and there's nothing else to stop them - no plastic bumpers or pedestrian crumple zone.

The front of my Civic is very soft all over - everything is plastic and it's all bouncy (even the headlight covers are soft plastic that you can bend in by pushing gently), the nose is low and angled to deflect things upwards, and the engine is set way back. I can understand that fitting bullbars to that sort of car would seriously reduce the pedestrian 'friendly' nature of the vehicle. But a Surf or Landrover is just solid metal. If you hit someone they will be squashed or run over, bullbars or not.

I always drive my Surf much more slowly than my tintop, because it is inherently more dangerous - $$$$ handling, $$$$ brakes, heavy, tall and very square.

However if I were to hit someone, so long as it's not my fault, I'm not going to feel more guilty about it just because my truck has bullbars.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Wow, chrome front bumper on a burgundy truck......................... ............

Looks well smart!
          Something else I gotta get.

p.s. is your bashplate bent?
          My bumpers chrome but has a couple of Surfmark dints in and me bash plate is in the garage.............

Comment

Originally posted by JimSuperSix
            I have the full width chrome bullbars on my Surf, but they have quite a bit of flex / bounce in them, much more so than the all the metal and glass behind them. When hitting something gently the flex in the bars would help bounce it away.

I honestly can't see how the front of a bare Surf is going to deform if you hit someone - perhaps the bonnet would if they bounced off it, but the front? I doubt it. Even if the person managed to avoid all the solid bits and went through the flimsy plastic rad cover then the rad and engine block aren't going to offer much cushioning, and there's nothing else to stop them - no plastic bumpers or pedestrian crumple zone.

The front of my Civic is very soft all over - everything is plastic and it's all bouncy (even the headlight covers are soft plastic that you can bend in by pushing gently), the nose is low and angled to deflect things upwards, and the engine is set way back. I can understand that fitting bullbars to that sort of car would seriously reduce the pedestrian 'friendly' nature of the vehicle. But a Surf or Landrover is just solid metal. If you hit someone they will be squashed or run over, bullbars or not.

I always drive my Surf much more slowly than my tintop, because it is inherently more dangerous - $$$$ handling, $$$$ brakes, heavy, tall and very square.

However if I were to hit someone, so long as it's not my fault, I'm not going to feel more guilty about it just because my truck has bullbars.

If pedestrians stay on the pavements be observant and stop crossing the roads whilst talking on their cell phones, then they won't get hit at all!

Comment

you don't drive like a loon and knock kids down here

you'll end up waking up in a field with no knee caps and your own d!ck in your mouth.

essex is pretty serious when it comes to kiddy's.
              The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                winch bumpers look horrible, they got no style to them.

and whats the point if your only off roading for fun, a tow strap and another surf do the same
                MAD MAX.....Surf style

Ok its personal taste .....i just think a winch bumper looks better
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                X