Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Can anyone reccommend a good Lexus breaker?

I need a sump assembly from an LS400 (4.0 1UZ-FE engine) including the oil pan, intermediate plate, windage tray, oil pickup, oil level gauge and dipstick/tube.

I'm pretty desparate as I've just been informed the rear-sump 1UZ-FE I have will not fit into my Surf as the front diff is in the way and it's in the workshop at the moment!

The LS400 has the same block but with the sump located much further forward so it will clear the diff.

Cheers in advance.

BUGGA! We were waiting to see this BEAST as well.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Try some of the links/contacts in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        Try some of the links/contacts in this thread.
        I've done as much reading as possible cheers, just looking for somewhere breaking a Lexus LS400 who will sell me a sump!

Comment

Originally posted by jmc
          I've done as much reading as possible cheers, just looking for somewhere breaking a Lexus LS400 who will sell me a sump!
          There are two possible sources in that thread......

There's someone on ebay breaking an LS400 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            There are two possible sources in that thread......

There's someone on ebay breaking an LS400 too.
            Not sure what sources you're referring to in that thread mate. I've already spoke to the ebay bloke and he won't break the engine at all.

I've asked for help on UZSwap and have even replied to someone on Lextreme in New Zealand for a possible straight swap as he wants a rear sump, but as for parts sources I can't see any!

Comment

Originally posted by jmc
              Not sure what sources you're referring to in that thread mate. I've already spoke to the ebay bloke and he won't break the engine at all.

I've asked for help on UZSwap and have even replied to someone on Lextreme in New Zealand for a possible straight swap as he wants a rear sump, but as for parts sources I can't see any!
              http://enigma-performance.co.uk/

http://lextreme.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=13

Comment

Thanks for that, I did try googling enigma performance after seeing the username but didn't find it strangely enough.

I'll PM that skid bloke on Lextreme as well but he's not posted there since February.

Comment

is it not possible to cut and shut the original sump/or put it on back to front.?
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                    is it not possible to cut and shut the original sump/or put it on back to front.?
                    Don't think you can mount it the other way but I'm looking at what mods can be done. I think even if I get a front sump some of it will have to go to make room for the steering stabiliser.

Comment

Working...
                    X