X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logey79
    i kept breaking down!

woodzie's fault.
    Lightweight .......you were the only one that day...............

I did better at xmas

my first off roading was done with surrey fire and rescue ,at ash ranges in 1990. the whole summer was spent fighting heath fires . Some very scary , but we were driving a modded flandy fire engine and we even did extreem off road in a dennis RS . the only problem was the lockers opening when we hit bumps hard , and all the hose flying out
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

First (real) time was a few weeks after I got my Surf at Avon Dassett, was a bit nervous, but after a short while (and towing a Navarra out of the muck) I felt better and had a blast. Then in Wales doing some full on greenlaning, and nearly tipped over, then nearly rolled off the course at Avon Dassett in August, so it can be a bit scary.

I'm off to Whitecliffs soon to be shown how to do it properly.

And for the record, I run General Grabber AT2s - which are ace on road as well as off....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Not sure if was the first time, but I can remember chasing a stolen Landy over a field in an Austin Allegro panda car. It was great fun, but he got away

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
          disagree..Ran with Colway AT's and they lasted nearly 2 years and they had some serious c_r_a_p dished out on em. I run with an Auto box also...the only issue is having to reverse back down a hill, although sometimes you can throw it into neutral and use the brakes instead of the box trying to drive you down the hill

I wernt slagging the AT's on how many miles FFS mine still has Jap rubber on IE hard as nails = poo on fast corners / wet roundabouts, I was nibbling at AT's for mud humping IE not nearly as good as MT's BUT MT's are mega pish on tar.

Mine's auto anaw and so's my missis GV, manual is better off road, so there!

Comment

I LOVE my jap cr@p hard rubber in the wet - it makes my other half squeal when I get a 6 wheel slide on with the caravan on the back !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

On road tyres (Runway Enduro HT) in mud and clay i found the truck to be very capable, specially up and down some very steep and badly rutted inclines.

I poo'd bricks first time then as soon as i got my eye in it was brilliant. Same for the Mrs. who also had a go and enjoyed it loads. Most fun i've had on 4wheels for a long time. Doesn't do your paintwork, panels or mechanicals any good but it's awesome fun. Green lanes next

BTW.....Autobox in the gloop, rough stuff and up and down the steep bits.....Effing awesome!! 4x4 lowrange locked and rear LSD plus 1st gear = Go anywhere!! Very good at hill descent too, don't have to touch the brakes!

ETA: I've just noticed.....Really old thread lols Sorry
              Last edited by ROMEROTECH; 8 May 2014, 11:35.
              Now it's time to play!

Comment

oops
                Last edited by pasty; 8 May 2014, 12:18.

Comment

Working...
                X