Sad time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad time

Hi guys. Having a lousy time at the moment. Lost my dad on Saturday afternoon. He had been diagnosed with lung cancer just a couple of days before Christmas. He had Radio Therapy during January and looked to be doing O.k till about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Then I could see he was starting to go down hill, started to get unsteady on his pin's and lost his appetite. He was taken into hospital a week past Saturday and put on morphine on Thursday, I recon the cancer had spread. Went to visit him on Saturday and he died whilst I was holding his hand, I'm glad I was there with him at the end although I don't think he was aware of the fact. Well now I'm trying to arrange everything for my mam and trying to keep every thing together. He was a smashing bloke and had a good life , he was 81, and I'm really going to miss him. Reading some of the things you guy's write on here helps to take some of the pain away. Sorry if I'm being morbid. Ill be back soon

Spoggle

Sorry to hear your news Spoggle,

Take care m8

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
      Hi guys. Having a lousy time at the moment. Lost my dad on Saturday afternoon. He had been diagnosed with lung cancer just a couple of days before Christmas. He had Radio Therapy during January and looked to be doing O.k till about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Then I could see he was starting to go down hill, started to get unsteady on his pin's and lost his appetite. He was taken into hospital a week past Saturday and put on morphine on Thursday, I recon the cancer had spread. Went to visit him on Saturday and he died whilst I was holding his hand, I'm glad I was there with him at the end although I don't think he was aware of the fact. Well now I'm trying to arrange everything for my mam and trying to keep every thing together. He was a smashing bloke and had a good life , he was 81, and I'm really going to miss him. Reading some of the things you guy's write on here helps to take some of the pain away. Sorry if I'm being morbid. Ill be back soon

Spoggle
      There's nothing morbid about it.Sorry for your loss and you know there's always someone on here waiting to listen and chat if you need to
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle

Spoggle

all the best to you in this time of need and keep ya pecker up ya mum needs ya!..............kev.......
        surfs up (in sales anyway)

Comment

All sympathy to you and your family mate.

Comment

Thats rough mate, sorry to hear that at least you could be there for him. Keep your chin up and do what you have to to get through it. We are all here to cheer you up when needed with our silly banter
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds as though your father and mother were a partnership that really stood the test of times, which doesn't happen so much these days.

Its my belief that your father realised what you were doing for him as a son just being there by his bedside at those crucial last hours and knowing very well the support that will be there for his wife.

Its sad to lose someone so close to you, but I am confident your monther with help from you will come out stronger the other side.
              Gaz

Comment

sorry to hear about your dad, symphathy to you and your family

Comment

hey there bud,

sad to hear your news i lost both my grandfathers to cancer in the past 18 months, i can understand what you are feeling although we all cope in different ways, stick in there for you and your family man

ttfn

graham

Comment

sorry to hear of your loss mate, hope you are coping ok, be strong when you can, be open when you can't.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Some how you'll find a way to cope with your lose, Respect m8 ......
                      There's always somebody here, when ya need us to let off Steam.
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

David

Mere words cannot begin to convey the loss you and your family must be feeling, and the fact you were there with your father for his last moments will, in time, help you heal.

I can only echo the words of others above me on this thread, and pass on my sympathies to you and your family, know that you and your mother will help each other through this difficult time and be closer and stronger.

We hope you know (and I think that is a collective we throughout this forum) that here is always a refuge and a place to just talk, I've learned that we are all good listeners, and any time you need to - you can let it all out on us, and we will be here to help in any way we can.

Kindest regards and sympathies.

Andrew.
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Just be there for your mother now, she needs you more than she will say.

Comment

Words cannot describe what you must be going through, I have a tears in my eyes thinking about how this would effect me. I nearly lost both my parents in an accident last year, so have a small undersdtanding of what you are going through. As some on here have said you in time will see that being there at the time of your dads passing will help you deal with it.
                            My heart felt sympthy
                            Mark

Comment

I feel for ya buddy. I have never lost anyone that close to me, can't imagine what it must be like. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time.
                              Steve.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X