yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@ the vagrants or anyone with a body lift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ the vagrants or anyone with a body lift.

hi,

i made my body lift blocks ages ago, and keep meaning to take the time to pop them on. but i must admit with all the side slopes we have been down recently and some of them brown trousers.. im a little concerned about the tip over angle being reduced with raising the height of the body.

i know the centre of gravity wont be too badly affected as the chassis and engine are staying put, but if you have any experience on this please gimme your opinions
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Originally posted by andrewlee31
    hi,

i made my body lift blocks ages ago, and keep meaning to take the time to pop them on. but i must admit with all the side slopes we have been down recently and some of them brown trousers.. im a little concerned about the tip over angle being reduced with raising the height of the body.

i know the centre of gravity wont be too badly affected as the chassis and engine are staying put, but if you have any experience on this please gimme your opinions
    I have had a 2" body lift for about a year and have done athe hill at sutton bellinger without a problem

Here is danno on the same hill
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thats a dm fine looking truck hes driving. Looks just like the one parked outside my house! Oh hang on thats cos it is!!!
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        I have had a 2" body lift for about a year and have done athe hill at sutton bellinger without a problem

Here is danno on the same hill

I'm fairly local and have never heard of Sutton Bellinger so I did a quick google - and got my third ever googlewhack !

But I'm still no wiser - where's Sutton Bellinger ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

I'm fairly local and have never heard of Sutton Bellinger so I did a quick google - and got my third ever googlewhack !

But I'm still no wiser - where's Sutton Bellinger ?????

Sorry got it wrong as normal ,or only partly right
          Shipton bellinger
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thought it might have been Shipton but wasn't gonna say that up front just in case ........ (I'm scared of the dark and have a sensitive stomach !)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Thought it might have been Shipton but wasn't gonna say that up front just in case ........ (I'm scared of the dark and have a sensitive stomach !)

There is a place near here called sutton benger and i always get the two mixed up
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

There is a place near here called sutton benger and i always get the two mixed up
                sutton benger thats where they kill chickens for buxted foods
                SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Originally posted by thecaretaker
                  sutton benger thats where they kill chickens for buxted foods
                  I hate people giving away my secrets
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I hate people giving away my secrets
                    didnt realise you killed chickens i thought you played with plastic(or do you kill plastic chikens too)
                    SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Originally posted by thecaretaker
                      didnt realise you killed chickens i thought you played with plastic(or do you kill plastic chikens too)
                      I perfer peasants......oh pheasants
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i hate to get this back on topic, but does anyone have an opinion or should i just fit some castors to my wing mirrors just in case??
                        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I do - bodylifts serve one purpose, to fit bigger tyres. If you're not doing it for that reason i wouldn't do it. Although if you also lift the bumpers you might gain a degree or 2 approach/departure angle. i'm only saying that coz i'm skint.

In all seriousness i am considering doing a small (1.5") body lift on mine, but i'm hoping to go to 33" tyres at the next tyre change.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

yep thats the exact reason, 33 inch tyres means another inch of air under the diff. but also more body lean...

guess im just going to have to suck it and see
                            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

i suppose more body lean, but equally 33" tyres must weigh a bit so in a sense your offsetting the the raise in center of gravity by adding the weight of the tyre in each corner.

or maybe i'm talking bull it was only a passing thought......
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X