Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member.

Hello.
    I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Simon and I am a completely new to Toyota Surfs. I have just purchased a 3 litre Hi lux Surf SSRX. It has had a slight knock and needs a new windscreen and airbags.
    I will no doubt be asking some really silly questions so I will apologise in advance for my ignorance. I do have other 4x4's though.

Cheers, Simon.

welcome to the big house simon hows your Surf GRIN coming along??
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Hello and Welcome to the Nuthouse!

There are a number of Scottish members so you may get out and about.

ps - use the search button and wander around the site - you'll save yourself the odd insulting newbie flaming (its only ever gentle on here though).
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by pops
        welcome to the big house simon hows your Surf GRIN coming along??
        I've already been trawling the net looking for extras. My Surf is getting delivered to my mates garage mid week to give it the once over. I can't wait it's like christmas eve as a child.
        Here is my first question. The vehicle was imported in 2005 and the speedo is in mph on kph so I presume it has been changed after import. The odometer reads 136000. Am I right in thinking that most of this will be in kph.
        Unfortuanately there is very little paperwork with the vehicle.
        Thanks, Simon.

Comment

Simon

Welcome aboard the good ship HiluxSurf - lots of great people with loads of knowledge about these vehicles, and errr -- me!
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
            Hello and Welcome to the Nuthouse!

There are a number of Scottish members so you may get out and about.

ps - use the search button and wander around the site - you'll save yourself the odd insulting newbie flaming (its only ever gentle on here though).
            Thanks. I'll do that. I am a member of other 4x4 forums and generally everyone is very friendly. With all the rubbish talked about 4x4's in the media and by the more ignorant members of the public it is always good to chat to other people with similar interests.

Cheers, Simon.

Comment

hi simon and welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure,theres plenty of nutters on here as well as us sane folk.but dont forget to post up some pics of your toy.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers....

Let the mods begin
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by SimonT
                  I've already been trawling the net looking for extras. My Surf is getting delivered to my mates garage mid week to give it the once over. I can't wait it's like christmas eve as a child.
                  Here is my first question. The vehicle was imported in 2005 and the speedo is in mph on kph so I presume it has been changed after import. The odometer reads 136000. Am I right in thinking that most of this will be in kph.
                  Unfortuanately there is very little paperwork with the vehicle.
                  Thanks, Simon.
                  prob right there fella but it no matter you can check it against a mates car or sat nav
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                    prob right there fella but it no matter you can check it against a mates car or sat nav
                    what does it say on the first mot cert if you have it and then you can work out what amount of miles it's done since
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Greetings....you don't have to be mad to talk to us............................ ..
                      .............................. .............................. .............................. .......

BUT IT HELPS
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. A soon as get I the Surf I will get some piccies sorted.
                        I will check the old mot as well. My mate who owns a Delica reckons there might be a sticker on the drivers door pillar with the odometer reading on it prior to importation. I will know more when she arrives.

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse Simon, make yourself at home.

A quick question, what year was it made ?

Earlier models were often left to continue recording distance travelled in KM whilst the speed was indicated in Miles by replacing the speedo face. Later models are more often to record distance and speed in miles.

A silly way to tell is to say whether your tailgate lowers down or lifts up to open.

Trev
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I would say by the mileage that it's in Km's. An easy way to check is to travel a certain distance that you know and see what it reads. So a mile down the road will show 1.6 on the trip meter.

Get the photo's on here soon. By the way, are you in the shiney or dirty club??

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                              Welcome to the nuthouse Simon, make yourself at home.

A quick question, what year was it made ?

Earlier models were often left to continue recording distance travelled in KM whilst the speed was indicated in Miles by replacing the speedo face. Later models are more often to record distance and speed in miles.

A silly way to tell is to say whether your tailgate lowers down or lifts up to open.

Trev
                              It was made in 1997 and is a on a p. It was imported into the UK in 2005. The speedo is in mph with the kph in smaller lettering and numbers. To open the boot you first have to open the the swingaway wheel carrier. The boot the opens out to the right in one and as far as I am aware does not split, although the rear window may wind down.
                              The batteries were flat as the vehicle has been stood awhile so when it finally started there was quite a bit of light grey smoke which subsided after a minute or so. I hope this is nothing to be concerned about as I have heard that they can be prone to cracked heads. I sound like a new father worried about the baby

Comment

Working...
                              X