Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help im a newbie to surfs

hi im new to surfs n 4 wheel drives.
    im looking for a good mechanic in n around bodmin - truro who will help me look after my surf as im not mechanically minded n i have a disability so i want to be treated as human n dont want no @@@@ maybe you live in cornwall n will give me advice.
    do you have to put coolant in or can you just use water i got my new baby monday brought her home n found next day there was no water in her ive filled her up now but also next morning found i got a oil leak but i dont know where from. will someone please help me with advice etc on my surf.

hi mate welcome to the forum, i'm sure someone on here will be able to guide you to a good one

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      hi im new to surfs n 4 wheel drives.
      im looking for a good mechanic in n around bodmin - truro who will help me look after my surf as im not mechanically minded n i have a disability so i want to be treated as human n dont want no @@@@ maybe you live in cornwall n will give me advice.
      do you have to put coolant in or can you just use water i got my new baby monday brought her home n found next day there was no water in her ive filled her up now but also next morning found i got a oil leak but i dont know where from. will someone please help me with advice etc on my surf.
      Hiya Will.If you don't mind travelling a bit further then try Treverbyn Motors in Camborne.He does all my work and is a top bloke.He knows what he is doing with the imports aswell.Theres not many garages around down here that are import friendly.His tel no. 01209 718180
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

wow ty guys didnt expect people to be so quick.
        ty for the number also i will give him a call youll know my surf around cornwall soon i have a skull on the bonnet n if you do sea fishing like most down here in cornwall youll see skull down mevagissey alot lol thats what the kids have called our surf lol

Comment

wow ty guys didnt expect people to be so quick.
          ty for the number also i will give him a call youll know my surf around cornwall soon i have a skull on the bonnet n if you do sea fishing like most down here in cornwall youll see skull down mevagissey alot lol thats what the kids have called our surf lol
          David at Treverbyn will also let you buy the parts and he will fit them for you.If your into a bit of off roading take a look in the off road section for the run to the sun in september.Also a few of us meet up occassionally to do some green laning aswell if your interested
          Last edited by stormforce; 25 April 2007, 17:02.

Comment

ty neil n richard for the warm welcome.
            dont think id ever take her off road unless i have to id be to scared n cant afford the new parts if i broke skull she has to last us for years hopefully it will

Comment

Hi Will, welcome to the nut house mate. You will find that there's a few guys on here that actually know what they are on about with Surfs, you'll never get stuck for answers.

Comment

ty neil n richard for the warm welcome.
                dont think id ever take her off road unless i have to id be to scared n cant afford the new parts if i broke skull she has to last us for years hopefully it will
                the course we used last year and will use this year is a very easy course so you shouldn't get any damage.

A couple of places if you need to get parts are
                www.milneroffroad.com

www.toyoahilux.com

also what surf have you got Will.If you add the details into your profile then any questions you need answering will be easier

Comment

i dont really have a clue m8 wish i did all i know is skull is a import that is on a k plate 2.4 efi diesel thats all i could really tell you at min not knowing all bout cars or 4x4's etc sorry dont mean to be stupid i just am

Comment

i dont really have a clue m8 wish i did all i know is skull is a import that is on a k plate 2.4 efi diesel thats all i could really tell you at min not knowing all bout cars or 4x4's etc sorry dont mean to be stupid i just am
                    yours is a LN130 then and either a 92 or 93 k reg.Just don't use the 4wd on the road tho as you will do some expensive damage known as transmission wind up.

Comment

dont know if its allowed or not but would you like to meet up then perhaps you can tell me more bout skull i could always meet you up at little chef on truro roundabout for a coffee n a talk id be grateful if we could

Comment

There is some useful info here too.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34
                        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

dont know if its allowed or not but would you like to meet up then perhaps you can tell me more bout skull i could always meet you up at little chef on truro roundabout for a coffee n a talk id be grateful if we could
                          Yea thats ok with me.Just say when and what time you wanna meet

Comment

to tell the truth m8 id like today as i really need the help n advice asap im worried bout this oil leak i could be on my way in a bit lol nah you say when a what time m8 thank you im grateful

Comment

somewhen in the future lol

Comment

Working...
                              X