CAP grey guide prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAP grey guide prices

I would like to check the price my insurers have offered my for my surf. They have got their values from the CAP grey guide (or so they tell me), but I don't trust 'em! Also I can't find anything on autotrader etc (that's not a shed on wheels) for what they're saying the 'market value' is.

Can anyone scan and send me the relevant page from the latest CAP grey guide for a 1996 3rd Gen SSR-V 3.0TD Manual, 92000 kms?

I promise not to tell CAP!

e-mail to jon@tallisweb.co.uk

Thanks - jon
    Last edited by Jon Tallis; 27 March 2007, 22:32. Reason: typo!

Never heard of it!

Everyone buying 96-97's lately is getting them for around £5-5,500 privately. Dealers a little more. Some are as little as £4.5 for a mint 96 now.

Sucks if you got one last year for £8k!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

CAP grey guide

The CAP grey guide is the trade guide to 'Grey' import values in the UK (Equivalent to Glass's guide, but for Greys).
      Its only available to the trade, by subscription, hence why I can't get a copy.
      Anyone got a copy to hand?
      Last edited by Jon Tallis; 27 March 2007, 22:56. Reason: another typo

Comment

Tried checking prices on fleabay and autotrader ?
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Values.....

Sure have...
          Average of 43 comparable vehicles on exchange&mart - £7500
          Similar on autotrader

Thay say however that's all irrelevant - its the CAP grey guide price (£6275) or nothing. If I don't like it - take it to the insurance ombudsman. Now you know why I dont trust the bas%$"£s!

I cant name names of course, but apparently You don't have to be posh to insure with them. You do have to keep a pot of cash in the bank though 'coz they'll do you out of a grand if you bend your car!

Comment

As I see it, if they want to give market value, then they ave to give the value that is dictated by the market, IE a value that you can buy one for in today's market.

If the market value was a grand lower than cap grey guide, then they'd give you that.

Stick to your guns, and tell them you'll refer it to trading standards AND BBC Watchdog, get names so they can see themselves on tv.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

When mine was rolled the insurance looked at the Autotrader and ebay to see what prices my model was going for at that time within 100 miles of my house. They offered me 3k but I argued the toss with with them.
              I told them I was a member of the owners club and the extras my cars had and the poor engineer told me that there was no point arguing with me as I had the backing of the owners club for tec data.. I got the full value of the car which was at 4.5k. Insurance was with Tesco and claim settled very quickly.
              -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

"Rick" Vagrant is the man ya need to ask !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just can't see the robbers Comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                  "Rick" Vagrant is the man ya need to ask !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just can't see the robbers Comin !!!!
                  Yep , I got Caps Grey , but not a current one as subscription ran out . If you post the values on here I will adjust from my guide back to see wot it gives .

And Tony ............ shame on you for not knowing Caps Grey
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I had the same problem a few years back when my C plate Landcruiser was written off, they offered me just over £1000. I argued the point of average values in Autotrader & eventually they settled at £2550, it was a lot of aggro but well worth it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Tallis
                      Sure have...
                      Average of 43 comparable vehicles on exchange&mart - £7500
                      Similar on autotrader

Thay say however that's all irrelevant - its the CAP grey guide price (£6275) or nothing. If I don't like it - take it to the insurance ombudsman. Now you know why I dont trust the bas%$"£s!

I cant name names of course, but apparently You don't have to be posh to insure with them. You do have to keep a pot of cash in the bank though 'coz they'll do you out of a grand if you bend your car!
                      Write or call them and tell them you will accept it as an intrim payment, then they will get an assessor to contact you, ask him to source you a truck with the same type of milage andnd in the same condition yours was in for the price they were offering, then hit him with the info you have off auto trader and the like
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                        And Tony ............ shame on you for not knowing Caps Grey
                        Why would I? I don't buy, sell or insure Surfs for a living!!
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I wouldn't accept any payments until you are happy with what you been offered. Write to them, send details of comparable vehicles from ebay, autotrader, here, anywhere really with the letter and explain that based on the current prices of similar vehicles you believe yours is worth £xxxx
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Insurance muppets....

Thanks for the advice, however you've clearly never tired dealing with this lot!
                            I've already tried all the tactics suggested, they've basically said stuff you, we're not prepared to negotiate, if you dont like it, go to the financial Services Ombudsman - which is what I'm in the process of doing. I would like to include in my pack of evidence a copy of the relavent page from the CAP grey guide, so if anyone can provide, I'd be very grateful, especially as I've had a copy of the insurance assessors report and he listed the vehicle as a Landcruiser Colorado (shows how much he knows), so they may even have based their valuation on the wrong vehicle.

Comment

The thing is, regardless of where they've got it from, they're offering you a good price. Personally, I'd bite their hand off if I were you.

Take the money, buy this and you're in profit.

Comment

Working...
                              X