FAO TonyN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO TonyN

don't suppose you have any clear rear lights/side repeaters/front indicators hanging around do you mate?
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

cheers for the call last night mate, look forward to seeing you on Friday. Just thought I'd let you know that I think I have solved the problem with the alarm/immobiliser.

for those reading this, the truck has a Cobra 7928 alarm/immobiliser fitted at the moment but it only came with one keyfob and nothing else. I managed to find out the pin number for my specific alarm, but in order to reprogram another keyfob I also need the touch-keys, which I don't have. This leaves me in the situation of being up sh!t creek without a paddle if I lose my existing fob - hence wanting to get another.

I thought all was lost until I spoke with the nice man at Going Spare in Leatherhead today. He explained that I can just disable the alarm, remove the existing siren box (which is the brain of the system) and attach a new siren box from another alarm of the same make/model. So I just bought a new alarm from ebay and just as soon as it arrives I will swap the siren boxes over. I should then have a new alarm, with 2 new fobs and 2 touchkeys should i want to get any more fobs created.

Excellent! Thought I would be looking at a hefty removal/replacement bill but looks like I can cheat the system nicely.
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Working...
    X