beginner off roading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginner off roading

does anyone know off any fairly easy off road tracks around ayrshire/borders, been over fields and green laning for work car handled well, the only problem is the tow bar, it makes an unintentionally good boulder mover!! looking for something a bit more challenging for a day trip/ weekend.
    cheers

Try the Lochgilphead weekend at Easter. 2 days, both have an easy option or a harder one. There's a thread about the last one here,

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29002

Dave

Comment

ahhf**k i'm away that weekend , i'll be watching for the next one.
      cheers for the info though.

Comment

There's another day/weekend at Drumclog on the 28th/29th of April. Drumclog is between you and Glasgow. There will be loads of heavily mod'ed LR's etc there but I gather there is enough easy stuff to go on as well. Camping is available. I am planning on going more for the craic that the serious off road bit.

Look up Drumclog on youtube...................

Dave

Comment

is the 28th and 29th set in stone dave?

if it is you can count me in.

why do you say there will be loads of modied LR's there, is there something on that weekend?

what about you smithy, are you in?

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty

why do you say there will be loads of modied LR's there, is there something on that weekend?

cheers scotty

Details here

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30993

I should be travelling down for this too. ( and for tthe Easter one as well)
            There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Peek-A-Boo Enjoy your work tommorow Tam

Comment

Originally posted by scotty

cheers scotty
                Hopefully be there Scotty. Got the Lochgilphad drive a week on saturday,so hopefully the Surf will survive.
                Was wanting LC springs fitted by then,but then i wont be able to use my truck off road till i get a set of pro comps So might just bring it the way it is just now. Hopefully you'll have read the Drumclog thread by now,seem l like theres a good turn out at the organised event. You with the experience can be our guide for the day
                www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Alright Mack. Another Scottish Surfer. Is 'Surf City' still trading on Prestwick Road???

Comment

hows things smithy,

watching the football tonight?

i'll be the leader if you like, just make sure you have a rope on the front of your truck, i do get stuck now and again.

ignore surfssuck, thats me neighbour at the joinering.

i noise his lot up on the kit car forum, my user name is (westiesrpish) as in westfield kit cars.

he's a secret surf adimirer, and hes been to drumclog a few times with me.

cheers scotty

Comment

Yip. Have my dinner,crack open a few cans and watch Scotland win

Well you never know.

Surfssuck eh!! Heard he's that bad a joiner he couldn't join hands at Auld Lang Syne
                      Last edited by smiffy; 28 March 2007, 20:24.

Comment

Working...
                      X