Rear Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Springs

Hi, I need new rear springs and have been quoted £78 pair from Rough Trax and £40 pair from Milner. Why the big difference and has anyone got an opinion on which best to get. The Rough trax ones apparantly give 1.5" lift but Milners say their's are 20% stronger than the norm ?

Cheers

Brian

Originally posted by BI1
    Hi, I need new rear springs and have been quoted £78 pair from Rough Trax and £40 pair from Milner. Why the big difference and has anyone got an opinion on which best to get. The Rough trax ones apparantly give 1.5" lift but Milners say their's are 20% stronger than the norm ?

Cheers

Brian
    Everyone seems to use that 20% uprated figure......but some people have used the Milner springs & then changed again for Roughtrax ,Explorer UK etc.
    You generally get what you pay for....so maybe that price difference means something ?
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Hmmm that's what I was wondering, has anyone here got experience of both ?

Comment

Originally posted by BI1
        Not me ,I spoke to them all ,I buy quite a bit of stuff from Milners.
        Ended up with Procomp es9000 shocks & uprated springs all from
        www.explorerprocomp.co.uk

I actually spoke to the guy on the phone & he was the most interested & informative. I also felt he was trying to do what was best for me & not how much money he could screw out of me.
        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Thanks for the help

I have ordered some from Procomp, middle of the range on price and seemed helpfull.

Brian

Comment

picked up some rears today from la supertrucks 25%&2" lift cost £88 with vat.
            oh and there made in ozzy could be a good thing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mick b
              picked up some rears today from la supertrucks 25%&2" lift cost £88 with vat.
              oh and there made in ozzy could be a good thing or not.
              They are good spings and are the same as the Roughtrax springs - uprated and a lift

Mine carry 500kg (ish) daily and have been beaten up round the pit and are excellent.

One thing though - I didn't do the shocks at the same time and I soon realised that they were knackered once I put the springs on and started to pogo round corners

Sorted with Procomp9000 shocks which are ace.

Rich.
              If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

i,m putting mine on saturday and still running factory shocks .
                guess i will have to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BI1
                  Yep I did exactly that
                  My case is a little unusual - have a '94 V6 4runner and have removed the underside spare carrier to install 2 x 50 ltr LPG tanks. The r.send was already soggy from the previous owner towing everyday for the last 5 years (Burger Bar!!) so here's what I did
                  Put on Milners 20% HD springs and found the they made a slight difference to the ride height of my 'runner. - I think the extra weight had something to do with this rather than there was a problem with the springs.
                  Took them off and replaced them with Explorer 2" lift springs and 4 x Pro-Comp ES9000 shocks. There can be no comparison against the milner springs as they are not designed to lift rather to assist with OE suspension setups.
                  There has been a big improvement in the handling and ride height of my truck. Even with all the extra weight it now sits a darn sight higher than it did before.
                  It tends to ride rather harshly when it is unladen but even so I'm very impressed with end results.
                  Hope this helps

PS Hope you've got some spring compressors - you're going to need them
                  NO WORRIES!
                  Rusty

Comment

the thing is my truck is actually a nats higher on the back already when on level ground and is factory springs(most probably cos it never moved more than 5mph when it lived in jappy land).
                    p.s. should check the motors at supertrucks pucka man! mine was dwarfed by them lot.

Comment

Used "Iron Man" springs supplied by West Coast 4x4, also made in oz. Said to give 40mm lift + 20% but gave alot more lift, probabaly due to the old springs being Kn%&£red ! Did exacly what it said on the packet and increased ride and handling tremendously . I also had to raise the front (the cheapest suspension lift ever!) to make the runner look level again. West Coast 4x4 01704 229014 think his name is Tony, very helpful.

Andy
                      [center][color=red]1994 3.0 TD Runner[/color][/center][center]I only get it dirty so I can clean it again [/center]

Comment

put on my new rear springs today only gave 1" & a bit .

Comment

Working...
                        X