Which Camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Camera?

Sounds like a magazine,Iknow, but I posted some pics of my surf and I've seen all your posts, and your photo's are sooooo much better quality than mine.

Mine were taken with my phone, coz I don't own a digital camera,so I think it's time I looked into getting one.

So, question is............What camera do you own, and give us a review!

BTW I do have a couple of Nikon film camera's, but I think the new Digital technology is now making these obselete from a cost and convenience point of view.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

i've got a samsung A503 from tescos, cost me £80 and i've never looked back it's worth the money, the pic's of my truck were taken with it. basicly it does what it says on the tin

Comment

just get a decent phone with camera...

camera on it's own will cost loads and be out of date before it's out the box!...

phone with decent camera and gadgets is free and you get a new one every 6 months!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The 2.0 megapixel camera on my Sony Ericsson K750i
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I took pics of my surf with my samsung D900 with 3 megapixel camera, and they are grainy and horrible
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
            The 2.0 megapixel camera on my Sony Ericsson K750i
            the new nokia N95 is out in about a month...

5megapixel camera, decent video too!!

HSDPA and built in GPS

http://nseries.com/nseries/index.htm...l=products,n95

Comment

I use a Canon D350, 8MB/Pixel Digital SLR with built in flip-up flash. It has a battery grip on the bottom that can use one or two batterys. Its easy to use for various modes - auto, sports, portrait etc...buttons are easy to use whilst taking or lining up shots.

The camera can be set for Auto White Balance and many other features.

Got the kit as a package from Jessops for about £800.00 1-2years ago. Camera Body, Battery grip, two lenses. Heres the info on the canon website http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Prod...350D/index.asp
              believe the 400 has replaced the 350 with better burst rates etc.

I know its not a surf but heres a photo I took in worsening conditions with mist coming down on all of us at the top of the quarry / farmland in weardale

Also go here : http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3354954

if it doesn't come up type weardale.
              Last edited by Gizmo; 26 March 2007, 23:33. Reason: changed the link
              Gaz

Comment

Had a canon ixus v2, good camera for it's time, easy to use and took some great photos with it, just got a little outdated and unreliable now, but i still use it for my offroad pics. I bought a digital SLR last summer, and although it's great it's just not practical to use all the time. Canon often use carl zeiss lenses which are reputed to be among the best on the market. Having said that if i was to buy now i would probably be looking at the pentax optio range, it was a toss up between them and the SLR last year. Might have just been the waterproof one from the optio range that i was being attracted to though.

Take a look on www.mymemory.co.uk for cheap memory cards. I don't rate compactflash memory cards as i have often found them slow. I would probably stick to SD but that's coz i use them in other things aswell.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                  I use a Canon D350, its easy to use for various modes - auto, sports, portrait etc...buttons are easy to use whikst taking or lining up shots.

I know its not a surf but heres a photo I took in worsening conditions with mist coming down on all of us at the top of the quarry / farmland in weardale

Also go to photbucket and type weardale for the full effects
                  Now, you can't get photo's like that on a phone, they just aint fast enough.
                  Thats why I like the SLR's I like about 3 frames/second, been looking at the Nikon D40 with a 18-55 and a 55-200 lens, but of course they are a bit pricey.
                  Rob

Comment

I don't need an SLR and prefer a compact. After much internet research I decided on the Nikon Coolpix 7900.

Bad news; it's been discontinued.

Good news; search ebay for bargains

Review here
                    Wax on, wax off

Comment

Trouble with cameraphones is the lens. It's not possible to put a decent lens on a camera because of space constraints.

A certain imager area requires a certain amount of light for it to work properly. Larger imagers (all other things being equal) contain higher amounts of pixels, and therefore require a larger lens aperture to work well.

Some cameraphones are 'ok', but all are not that good compared to a decent dedicated camera, and absolutely shoite when compared to a decent digital SLR.

The cameraphone wins for convenience, and is always there if you carry your phone everywhere, but the camera wins on quality every time.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

when considering a digital slr, think about what will its main function be......also consider ancillary costs such as lenses, flash-guns etc.
                        Gaz

Comment

when considering a digital slr, think about what will its main function be......also consider ancillary costs such as lenses, flash-guns etc.
                          Fair comment, i bought my digital SLR. Spent a bit on a few extras, extra lens, filters etc. But simply don't use it, it's too much to carry round if you're just going out for a laugh or whatever. I still use my old canon more despite it's unreliability as i can just slip it in my pocket, and take it wherever, and not worry about it.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

think about what will its main function be.......
                            i'm dumb... don't they just take pics??... (serious, i don't get what you mean.)

i did invent a phone with a fag lighter on it though!

Comment

if your just looking for a point and shoot cheapish camera i have allways found fuji to be excellent. quick start up time and not much shutter lag

Comment

Working...
                              X