Gahhhh!!!! Local councils!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    It's the same with the two weekly collections.
    thats disgusting!... next door to Mrs slug there are 6 blokes living in a 3 bed house... beer cans and fast food wrappers everywhere!!... both the bins are always full! (except on every other tuesday morning till about 10:30)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      of course businesses should pay to tip!!... it costs money to transport waste and bury it!...

everyone complains that they have to pay too much tax, and then moans when a business has to pay to use the tip!!...

so what? you want everything for free??
      I am not that bothered about what would be about £15 every 3 months. What REALLY f***s me off is that they seem to think it's a good idea that I take about 1/2 cubic metre 25 miles to pay to put it in landfill, when there is a huge cardboard recycling container not a mile away from me and usually close to empty!

Where is the logic? They call themselves green, but that is patently b0ll0cks!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

Vicki just rang the council, and apparently it's true. If you have any logos or anything that means your vehicle might be used for any commercial venture, you now need a permit to take ANY waste at all to the tip!

What the f*** is wrong with these people!?!?!

UPDATE.

Just found out that Throckmorton charge £38 a ton, but...

wait for it...

DONT RECYCLE IT!!!

So, the lovely green treehugger council have put me off recycling cardboard, preferring that I PAY to have it thrown in landfill!!!

Thats just brilliant!!! What a bunch of tw*ts!!!

Oh Dear.... Thats me, that is.... I'm one of the tw*t you mention, as it happens....

Its a really big problem, commercial waste at Household Waste Sites, so we are trying to do something about it in Worcestershire... and YES it applies to me as well, since I run legendgames.

If you want to know more, please ask, but I shall not bore anyone here with the detail, its not exciting enough.

Unless you want me too. You DONT do you....
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Since I've been at this house, the council has provided me with three plastic containers that are brilliant for my power tools.

Kwick save plastic shopping baskets are good for plumbing tools too!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Since I've been at this house, the council has provided me with three plastic containers that are brilliant for my power tools.

Kwick save plastic shopping baskets are good for plumbing tools too!
            you don't put small children / apprentices in the wheelie bin then?

Comment

work this out then if our bins are on our gardens then they won't take them, and then you have to wait 2 weeks for them to come around again and because you have twice the amount of rubbish they won't take it so it's down to us to take it to the tip

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                work this out then if our bins are on our gardens then they won't take them, and then you have to wait 2 weeks for them to come around again and because you have twice the amount of rubbish they won't take it so it's down to us to take it to the tip

Exactly, that's why the containers in my garage are put to better use!

Comment

i have a southampton related question!!!...

why is it that around the football stadium erm, northam? and all the way to bitterne, you only ever see REALLY rough girls?? do they work the docks??

i was there today and saw some absolute horrors!!!

there are some nice women in southampton, i just didn't see any in that area!!

(oops, off topic, but just saw sledge was from southampton!)

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster
                    Oh Dear.... Thats me, that is.... I'm one of the tw*t you mention, as it happens....

Its a really big problem, commercial waste at Household Waste Sites, so we are trying to do something about it in Worcestershire... and YES it applies to me as well, since I run legendgames.

If you want to know more, please ask, but I shall not bore anyone here with the detail, its not exciting enough.

Unless you want me too. You DONT do you....
                    Let anyone put whatever waste they like in the tip and put the business rates up a little bit to compensate.

Job done.

Blo0dy councils. Don't get me started on the planning officers.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Exactly, that's why the containers in my garage are put to better use!
                      Here in Hackney we just put stuff on the street and the rats take it away.

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH
                        We have had fortnightly collections for a while now, not to bad during the winter but am dreading the heat and stink !!!!
                        Thats your feet
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i have a southampton related question!!!...

why is it that around the football stadium erm, northam? and all the way to bitterne, you only ever see REALLY rough girls?? do they work the docks??

i was there today and saw some absolute horrors!!!

there are some nice women in southampton, i just didn't see any in that area!!

(oops, off topic, but just saw sledge was from southampton!)
                          cause lets just say thats the slums of southampton, what were you doing in northam?

Comment

cause lets just say thats the slums of southampton, what were you doing in northam?
                            i was at swanwick NATS and then had a collection down there at saxon wharf from some boat builder, then across town to nursling.

Comment

i was at swanwick NATS and then had a collection down there at saxon wharf from some boat builder, then across town to nursling
                              cool, so where did you see the nice bit of skirt?

Comment

cool, so where did you see the nice bit of skirt?
                                cut through town... there's a big building, (across from the station) i think might be the town hall... always a few walking around there and the big shopping centre!!

Comment

Working...
                                X