Gahhhh!!!! Local councils!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gahhhh!!!! Local councils!!!

<Homer Simpson> "Good news! I got into a fight with the garbagemen and they're cutting off our service!"

Just been down the tip with two cardboard boxes (around 2x2x1ft) full of cardboard to do my bit and recycle.

Chappie wanders over and says "They're shoeboxes!"

Me, spotting that he's obviously the observant chap, says "yes... they are..."

"Well, you cant dump them here"
    "Why?"
    "Because that's a commercial vehicle" (pointing to my truck) "It says vixen footwear"
    "You have me wrong, it's a bit of free advertising for my wife's part time business. I'm doing my bit by collecting them all up and recycling them, and anyway, there's a load of boxes from christmas and other things in amongst them."
    "Ahhhh! (grinning) A business eh? You'll have to take those two boxes to Throckmorton and pay to dispose of them!"

"Like f*** I will! I already pay one of the highest council taxes in the country! I'd rather f*cking burn them!!!"
    "You can separate the card that isn't from your business if you like" (up strolls his mate). "No you cant, it's a commercial vehicle, you need a permit to even bring that in here"

By now, I was in serious risk of punching their heads in so I told them to stick their f***** recycling up their f***** brainless ar$es, and that they'd just successfully stopped someone recycling cardboard!

Vicki just rang the council, and apparently it's true. If you have any logos or anything that means your vehicle might be used for any commercial venture, you now need a permit to take ANY waste at all to the tip!

What the f*** is wrong with these people!?!?!

UPDATE.

Just found out that Throckmorton charge £38 a ton, but...

wait for it...

DONT RECYCLE IT!!!

So, the lovely green treehugger council have put me off recycling cardboard, preferring that I PAY to have it thrown in landfill!!!

Thats just brilliant!!! What a bunch of tw*ts!!!
    Last edited by Apache; 26 March 2007, 14:04.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

drives me mad!!!

our local place used to let us take anything in to be recycled... last time a trailer full of stuff went down there they said we'd used up our quota for the whole year!!! they catch you on camera as you go in now.

it sucks
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

They make me puke. Thats why the Pikeys fly tip thier rubbish all over the countryside.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

the tip near my mum's got funny with me bringing an old sofa and a few other bits of rubbish on the back of a 1ton pickup. They said I'd have to apply for a permit from the council and wait 5 days. Instead we parked up on the road opposite their entrance and moved the stuff in a few trips with my incle's car was going to just carry the stuff in but the council people said no.
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          <Homer Simpson> "Good news! I got into a fight with the garbagemen and they're cutting off our service!"

Just been down the tip with two cardboard boxes (around 2x2x1ft) full of cardboard to do my bit and recycle.

Chappie wanders over and says "They're shoeboxes!"

Me, spotting that he's obviously the observant chap, says "yes... they are..."

"Well, you cant dump them here"
          "Why?"
          "Because that's a commercial vehicle" (pointing to my truck) "It says vixen footwear"
          "You have me wrong, it's a bit of free advertising for my wife's part time business. I'm doing my bit by collecting them all up and recycling them, and anyway, there's a load of boxes from christmas and other things in amongst them."
          "Ahhhh! (grinning) A business eh? You'll have to take those two boxes to Throckmorton and pay to dispose of them!"

"Like f*** I will! I already pay one of the highest council taxes in the country! I'd rather f*cking burn them!!!"
          "You can separate the card that isn't from your business if you like" (up strolls his mate). "No you cant, it's a commercial vehicle, you need a permit to even bring that in here"

By now, I was in serious risk of punching their heads in so I told them to stick their f***** recycling up their f***** brainless ar$es, and that they'd just successfully stopped someone recycling cardboard!

Vicki just rang the council, and apparently it's true. If you have any logos or anything that means your vehicle might be used for any commercial venture, you now need a permit to take ANY waste at all to the tip!

What the f*** is wrong with these people!?!?!

UPDATE.

Just found out that Throckmorton charge £38 a ton, but...

wait for it...

DONT RECYCLE IT!!!

So, the lovely green treehugger council have put me off recycling cardboard, preferring that I PAY to have it thrown in landfill!!!

Thats just brilliant!!! What a bunch of tw*ts!!!
          Time for a BIG Ucking Bonfire & the Ucking Corporation on as well me thinks !!!
          "And call us Co -operative .......... Useless $$$$$

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see em Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

just had a thought, if you're not allowed into a council tip if you're vehicle has logos. Would this apply to the chavs who put all the car modification company stickers on their cars? Or other surf owners who put on 4x4 advertising? Where does the madness and nit-picking end, and normallity resumes?
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Why don't you write to your local paper - it must be getting close to local election time Round our way they tried to impose a height restriction on entry to the tips but soon realised that people dumping the stuff outside the gate was sort of defeating the object.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

we got height restrictors on ours too which means you have to go through on the weighbridge... you should see thier faces when they see you tip in at just under 6 tonnes
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

they don't really give a s**t about recycling they are just after more of our money, and there do it any way they can

Comment

I can just get under the barrier at my local tip since someone hit it with a pickup, always take it steady tho just in case they ever have it straightened
                    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Our tip has a ban on trailers with brakes. Unbraked trailers are fine though.. they are very proud of their Van Ban.. but more than happy for people to fill their mobile homes with asbestos, and chuck it in the open skip. muppets.
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                        Why don't you write to your local paper - it must be getting close to local election time Round our way they tried to impose a height restriction on entry to the tips but soon realised that people dumping the stuff outside the gate was sort of defeating the object.
                        Beat you to it!

I was heavy on things like :-

"Trying to recycle but being turned away"

"Pointless 25 mile round trip in my frequently bio powered 4x4 to another tip where they wont recycle my cardboard"

Finished off by saying they are "happy to spout 'green' rhetoric, but dont back it up with action but would still rather fleece the public out of more tax-money".
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          Beat you to it!

I was heavy on things like :-

"Trying to recycle but being turned away"

"Pointless 25 mile round trip in my frequently bio powered 4x4 to another tip where they wont recycle my cardboard"

Finished off by saying they are "happy to spout 'green' rhetoric, but dont back it up with action but would still rather fleece the public out of more tax-money".

Can you not just take it to Tesco or Sainsbury's and put it in their recycling bins?

We also have a local doorstep collection, you might want to point this out to your concil too. BTW council tax in Aberdeen City is really high. http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/ACCI/...eAwareAbdn.asp
                          There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Inverness dump isnt to bad as long as your van doesnt have your company logo on it you can go in no hassle even with a trailer plus we get a recycling service round the street but they are very choosy what they take from the road side. all included in council tax think most of our stuff goes to peterhead or somewhere since they shut the landfill
                            www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Its similar over here, most recycle centres won't allow commercial vehicles in. My solution is to have my company logo etc on a large magnetic signs on the front doors, just remove em before I need to go anywhere they don't like commercials.

Not an ideal solution I know, as recycling is recycling regardless of the vehicle that brings it, and we shouldn't need to do this, but it works for me.
                              Maurice
                              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X