Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach
    great input so far everyone!

Im a big fan of italian and french dishes! but i'll try almost anything really! what would you reccomend?
    well if you're a beginner then start out with a simple spaghetti bolognese
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

some sort of pasta bake

Comment

if you need some insprition http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/
        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

so Rod, what culinary delights did you treat yourself to then?
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
            so Rod, what culinary delights did you treat yourself to then?
            Well tonight i had a bl00dy amazing spag bol t'was delish!! AND i picked up some bits for a chilli con carne for tomorrow as i figure i cant go too far wrong on that either!! Not gunna have rice with it though! A pub near me serves it on some potato wedges with a spinkling of cheese! so im gunna try it that way! 3 meals left to choose on though!

Comment

go round Mrs Slugs...
              she can cook!, she's got sky and internet... but you have to hang out the window or sit on the step to have a fag.

take her a bottle of lambrini and you might get lucky!

i can cook myself, but she sits on her arse all day so why shouldn't she cook?
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind
                Next time your parents are away, get her to cook one place extra each mealtime.
                Freeze that meal, then it just needs nuking when your hungry.

A nice tasty quick meal, is put a tin of spagettin in a pyrex dish, mash a tin of corned beef, add corned beef to spagetti, then bung it in the oven. slurp
                stick some instant mash on top and call it a pie for a full meal experience!!

Comment

easy but elegant. Steak in peppercorn sauce with dauphinoise potates.

Buy some lean steak, and the schwarz peppercorn sauce mix (just needs cooking in some milk).

Dauphinoise potates.
                  cut potatoes into thin equal slices. Layer in a dish.
                  Add a small bit of garlic into double-cream (must be double or possibly whipping cream as single cream will "split" - have enough to cover the potates).
                  Cook in the over about 180 degrees, keep an eye on for browning and turn down oven if need

or

Potato (spud) Hash
                  1 onion (finely chopped)
                  1 large carrot (peeled) and cut
                  1 tin of corned beef (diced into pieces)
                  potato (cut into quarters or smaller depending on size of potato)
                  put all into a pan and bring water just under the top of the contents.
                  Cook on a light-to-medium simmer until the potatoes are soft.

Can add in some gravy granules (prefer) or oxo cubes to make the liquer thicker.

Everytime the boys decide to go out on the razz, we've started to take it in turns to do a meal and then go out around 10:30 after chilling with a few beers or wine.. So far the meals have been

-Tacos, with all extras, jalpeno peppers etc..
                  -Sesame Seed Prawn Toast and Thai green curry, with timbel of rice
                  -chilli-con carne, made with red wine for part of the sauce....irish whiskey to follow
                  -Lamb, mashed spuds, roast spuds, parsley in honey, carrot and swede
                  -steak with peppercorn sauce and dauphinoise potates
                  -Chinese Stir-fry with chicken and sichuan sauce

yumm...yumm
                  Last edited by Gizmo; 27 March 2007, 00:05.
                  Gaz

Comment

Jacket spuds

Put in oven on gas 6/ electric 200 (non fan) and go to pub for 2 hours.
                    come home, take spud from oven and scoff with filling of choice!
                    Suggestions
                    Beans and cheese
                    cheese and coleslaw
                    tub of prawn cocktail
                    cottage cheese
                    chilli and cheese

Or a really impressive roast shoulder of pork

rub amix of olive oil, sherry vinegar, chilli and whatever herbs you fancy into the crackling and put in the pre heated oven at its hottest setting for 30 minutes. take it out, turn it over so the fat is underneath then put oven on lowest setting and leave it in for 22 hours.
                    for the last half hour of cooking turn it the right way up and do it at full blast again. Courtesy of nigella!
                    yummy. YOU CAN'T OVERCOOK IT UNLESS YOU GET DISTRACTED DURING THE LAST HALF HOUR......

Comment

the good old english fry up
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
                        put oven on lowest setting and leave it in for 22 hours..
                        how will you know you'll be hungry in 22 hours time??

Comment

Working...
                        X